Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Turkey Tetrazzini - the perfect use for T-Day leftovers

I’m surprised I’ve never posted this.  It’s an annual fave at my house.

TURKEY TETRAZZINI

1/2 c. butter
1/2 c. flour
1 1/2 tsp. salt
¼ tsp nutmeg
¼ tsp cayenne
2 c. milk
1 can (12 oz.) chicken broth
2 egg yolks
1/2 c. light cream
1/3 c. dry sherry
1 pkg. (16 oz.)  spaghetti
4 c. cooked turkey, in large pieces
1 can sliced mushrooms
1/2 cup celery
1 c. grated sharp cheddar cheese
Parmesan cheese
Bread crumbs (preferably Panko)

Make sauce: Melt butter in saucepan stir in flour, salt, nutmeg and cayenne pepper until smooth. Gradually stir in milk and chicken broth; bring to boil, stirring constantly. Boil gently, 2 minutes or until mixture is slightly thickened.

In small bowl beat yolks with cream. Gently beat in a little of the hot mixture. Return to saucepan and cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until sauce is hot.  Do not boil. Remove from heat and add sherry.

Cook spaghetti as to package directions; drain. Add 2 cups sauce to drained spaghetti and toss until well blended. Add turkey, celery and mushrooms to remaining sauce.

Turn spaghetti into 12 x 8 x 2 inch baking dish. Spoon turkey mixture over top. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese, then cover top with Parmesan cheese and bread crumbs.

Bake in preheated 325 degree oven covered 25 minutes; uncover and bake 10 minutes more or until piping hot. Serves 8.

image.thumb.png.0c67db638e34c4da175a4f7f01e1e718.png

:drool:

dB

• Like 3

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

• 3 weeks later...

We do something like that and/or turkey salad as our major go-tos for Thanksgiving leftovers if/when sandwiches just won’t cut it.  It’s a great comfort food recipe.

And as it turns out, I did a small post-Thanksgiving turkey and just put about 4.3c of meat away in the freezer last night for later use.  Might just do a tetrazzini in January.   Thanks for the reminder!

• Love 1

Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: âNinety percent of everything is crapâ

My FLMS- Murphy's Music in Irving, Tx

http://murphysmusictx.com/

Man It does look great!!    The name is funny though -- the scientist in me associates "tetra" and "zine" (close enough to zini) with chemistry, like tetrahydrozaline.    Wait a minute, is Visine on the list of ingredients? 😂  Or Chicken Hydrazine (rocket propelled chicken Kiev).

• Haha 2

J  a  z  z   P i a n o 8 8

--

Yamaha C7D

Montage M8x | CP300 | CP4 | SK1-73 | OB6 | Seven

K8.2 | 3300 | CPSv.3

1 hour ago, Dannyalcatraz said:

I did a small post-Thanksgiving turkey and just put about 4.3c of meat away in the freezer last night for later use.  Might just do a tetrazzini in January.   Thanks for the reminder!

Cool!  Let me know how it turns out.

One of my untraditional mods is to add a bit of diced onion to the turkey/celery/mushroom combo.  Not much - maybe 1/4 c…

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

4 hours ago, Dave Bryce said:

Cool!  Let me know how it turns out.

One of my untraditional mods is to add a bit of diced onion to the turkey/celery/mushroom combo.  Not much - maybe 1/4 c…

dB

We’re creoles.  

Surprise!  We do much the same!

• Love 1

Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: âNinety percent of everything is crapâ

My FLMS- Murphy's Music in Irving, Tx

http://murphysmusictx.com/