Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

any good live jazz music in SD in dec/jan?

Hello everyone,

I'll be in San Diego around christmas till early January. It's a bit of a bad time to catch live shows, I suppose, spots like Dizzy's or The Jazz Lounge haven't got much going on, but I figured there might be a local on here who might know of something?

Thanks

It's not a clone, it's a Suzuki.

Humphrey's Backstage Live is going to be hosting Art Sherrod Jr. on December 3rd. Tickets are going fast. You probably won't be able to make that one, though.  Also, as one of the most followed R&B / Soul live performers right now, Los Yesterdays will be at the House of Blues - San Diego, on Friday, December 15th. Gospel Brunch will be at the House of Blues - San Diego, on Sunday, December 17th. Tommy Castro and The Painkillers will be at the Belly Up Tavern in Solana Beach (short distance from San Diego) January 13th 2024.

• Like 1

Hey Morizzle.

Catch the jam session on Wednesdays at Panama 66 8:00PM-10:30PM. It's hosted by Gilbert Castellanos, our resident patriarch of the San Diego mainstream jazz scene, and you'll see some of the best stuff there.

There's also Tuesday nights at Madison on Park (just a few blocks from my house) which is a killer restaurant with live jazz on Tuesdays. 7-9.

I think they have a Thursday night jam at Blind Lady Ale House as well.

And there's plenty more if you check in during the time. Shoot me a message closer to your time in town and I'll check to see what's happening in the scene.

• Like 1

Kawai C-60 Grand Piano : Hammond A-100 : Hammond SK2 : Yamaha CP4 : Yamaha Montage 7 : Moog Sub 37

My latest album: Funky organ, huge horn section

https://bobbycressey.bandcamp.com/album/cali-native

1 hour ago, Bobadohshe said:

Hey Morizzle.

Catch the jam session on Wednesdays at Panama 66 8:00PM-10:30PM. It's hosted by Gilbert Castellanos, our resident patriarch of the San Diego mainstream jazz scene, and you'll see some of the best stuff there.

There's also Tuesday nights at Madison on Park (just a few blocks from my house) which is a killer restaurant with live jazz on Tuesdays. 7-9.

I think they have a Thursday night jam at Blind Lady Ale House as well.

And there's plenty more if you check in during the time. Shoot me a message closer to your time in town and I'll check to see what's happening in the scene.

Cool stuff, I'll look it up, thanks!

It's not a clone, it's a Suzuki.