Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Glenn Tilbrook on Live at Daryl's House

I bought a bunch of Squeeze albums in the U.K. a number of years ago that I never saw appear on US shelves, and all of them were great.

As for Daryl's House, today's posting is Robert Fripp, who looks like a punk rocker these days with his spiked haircut.

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

I'm glad the show is back. Daryl has a killer band and the arrangements they do are usually fun and interesting to incorporate Daryl in the guest's songs or vice versa. I'm about halfway through the Tilbrook episode and I'm surprised how great his voice still is.

I know or follow a lot of artists on social media, and whenever they post that they have a gig at "Daryl's House" Club, people reply things like, "I can't wait! I love that show!" not realizing that "Live from Daryl's House" and the club are different things. The show is now taped at the club, but not every band that plays the club is on the show.

Daryl is obviously a legend, but I have to admit, when he talks about stuff he did, like in the intro how he was talking about creating the show and all that, I start feeling like Pepper Potts dealing with Tony Stark… :roll:

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

I've always been a fan of H&O and this show as well. Perhaps my favorite is the Cee Lo Green appearance and "I Can't Go For That." I now have copied this arrangement in two different bands and it's KILLER!

As for the Tilbrook performances, I really enjoyed them as a long time fan of Squeeze. I am with those that are curious about why the keyboard player isn't playing on better gear.

• Like 1

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

‘Guess I’m conditioned to the R-VR sound…been gigging my 09 for over ten years. I’ve tried replacing it several times only to keep coming back to it. Setting in on jam sessions with provided back lines of Y’s, H’s, K’s, and N’s: The H was an SK1…did the job, but I just didn’t gel with it much. Kind of dull to me…might have been the monitor sitch, maybe. N was a Stage 2, I think…weighted keys were no good for my synth/organ assimilated hands. I actually enjoyed the vintage K CX-something. That thing sounded great with the blues.

I guess it shouldn’t surprise as there will forever be R-organ haters. 

edit: Okay…I’ve been listening to some Hammond M-Solo demos…I’m beginning to see (hear) the Roland organ short comings. Perhaps I’ll soon be eating crow.

I’ve recently nabbed my first Moog hardware…Subsequent 37 and gotta admit it really sounds so much bigger than the emulations I thought were good enough for my needs. All these decades of me thinking Moog players were just snobbish elitists…now I’m becoming one. 

Perhaps I need to get hands-on experience on a newer Hammond or perhaps a Crumar MoJo to finally ditch the Roland. I’ve been a closet R hater for a while, but that dang 09 has simply been covering everything I need pretty darn well for so long.