Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

What is the next ‘big thing’ in keyboards?

31 minutes ago, DmitryKo said:

Is that Dannerberg Brass library?

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/reaktor-community/reaktor-user-library/entry/show/13607

Do you use a wind controller to play it?

Yes, it's Dannenberg Brass. It works well with a breath controller and Expressive E Touché is also very good with it.

• Like 1

For MIDI keyboard controllers, most of the focus is on improving keyboard integration with DAWs. There is less focus on improvements for live performance. Also, not much focus on improving key action either. The Fatar TP/110 action gets some of the best reviews (a great balance of responsive hammer action without requiring too much weight), and yet it still isn't available in a single MIDI keyboard controller.  I think the Arturia KeyLab MkII 61 is one of the best options (if you can do without hammer-action). It is well-built (metal body). Looks good (I love the white finish). Includes a decent number of faders, knobs, pads, and buttons. Lots of inputs for pedals, MIDI, etc. 15 pounds / 7 kilos. It supports channel pressure (but I think it is not very effective).  

20 hours ago, JamieT said:

The Fatar TP/110 action gets some of the best reviews (a great balance of responsive hammer action without requiring too much weight), and yet it still isn't available in a single MIDI keyboard controller

I'm hoping that StudioLogic will put it in a controller, to replace the SL Studio range. I'm also hopeful that Fatar will offer it to other manufacturers (Nord, Dexibell, Kurzweil possibly) to replace the TP/100 in those line-ups.

Cheers, Mike.

• Like 1

On 10/15/2023 at 12:35 AM, JamieT said:

For MIDI keyboard controllers, most of the focus is on improving keyboard integration with DAWs. There is less focus on improvements for live performance. Also, not much focus on improving key action either. The Fatar TP/110 action gets some of the best reviews (a great balance of responsive hammer action without requiring too much weight), and yet it still isn't available in a single MIDI keyboard controller.  I think the Arturia KeyLab MkII 61 is one of the best options (if you can do without hammer-action). It is well-built (metal body). Looks good (I love the white finish). Includes a decent number of faders, knobs, pads, and buttons. Lots of inputs for pedals, MIDI, etc. 15 pounds / 7 kilos. It supports channel pressure (but I think it is not very effective).  

I believe that Arturia will be release Keylab MK3 soon and i hope they will put a bigger screen and poly aftertouch...

Kurzweil K2661 + full options,iMac 27",Mac book white,Apogee Element 24 + Duet,Genelec 8030A,Strymon Lex + Flint,Hohner Pianet T,Radial Key-Largo,Kawai K5000W,Moog Minitaur,Yamaha Reface YC + CP, iPad 9th Gen, Arturia Beatstep + V Collection 9

https://antonisadelfidis.bandcamp.com