Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Thanks Mixerman....a totally unproductive day!!

Quit defacing that damn bus, bunny, or we'll have you busted.

That scarry headshot of Reuben Kincaid (about whom we care less about his real name than Mixerdude) brings up a troubling realization.

"Warm wishes,

XXX."

I realize that everyone I know (and maybe email has helped this along) is now sending me messages that conclude "warm wishes," "best" "best regards," "all the best," etc.

It's like some hormone clicked in everyone's head, and they suddently started concluding their messages like ultra-civil ADULTS. Even kids, now, when I get email from them, conclude with frumpy congenialities unbecoming their youth.

When Ruben Kincaid writes "warm wishes" to Mike Douglas, he can't really mean it. Do friends of mine similarly not mean the warm wishes with which they conclude their messages? Am I, too, a phoney baloney?

I used to pride myself on the funky ways I'd sign off at the end of a message, but now, admittedly, slump into "best regards" myself. I might as well be saying: "I give up. I'm no better at staving off the inevitable decline into disingenuousness than Ruben Kincaid."

Warm wishes today, polyesther bell bottoms, tomorrow.

As soon as we can relate to Ruben Kincaid, we're doomed. Dooooomed. I say. Dooooooomed. Dooooooomed. Soylent Green! It's made out of people! Soylent Green is made out of PEOPLE!!!

Best wishes,

Duddits

Dooby Dooby Doo

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't understand this whole thread, but then I'm halfway through a six-pack of Brendan O'Brien's so I'm not too coherent. I paid full Mormon tax on this stuff so it musht be full streangth... >hic< :freak:

Botch

"Eccentric language often is symptomatic of peculiar thinking" - George Will

www.puddlestone.net

Originally posted by Bunny +/-:

You're pretty droll, for a cat.

I think I owe you a PM.

Actually, most cats are droller than I. It is only the least droll among us who are damned to directly communicate with people.

Your reference to PM made me realize that I had the feature turned off in my profile, but have since turned it on, and am open for business.

Dooby Dooby Doo

Originally posted by Philip O'Keefe:

Hey Botch, what are the rulez on bringing stuff in from out of state? For example, if I was going up there to visit family, is it legal to bring them a bottle? Two bottles? A case?

Supposedly you can take it directly to someplace in SLC and pay tax on it, it'll get stickered and you can keep it. But if they catch you with it in the airport (they have plainclothes police there just for this) they'll confiscate it and pour it down the drain, then site you for bootlegging (even if you tell them you were going to take it downtown to pay the tax). Some folks have been jailed for larger quantities. Just disguise it well.

Botch

"Eccentric language often is symptomatic of peculiar thinking" - George Will

www.puddlestone.net

Hey Botch, what are the rulez on bringing stuff in from out of state? For example, if I was going up there to visit family, is it legal to bring them a bottle? Two bottles? A case?

If you get caught, mention a revalation you happened to have in which God directed you to bring in the booze and you may be fine (Mormons are big on personal revalations). And if that doesn't work, say that Uncle Rulon is your dad and hope for the best.
Dooby Dooby Doo

Originally posted by Bunny +/-:

Matt, everybody's old PSW accounts were disabled when they switched the forums over to the new configuration. If you want to communicate with Mixerman, just send him an email. He's a nice guy. He might even give you his phone number if there's an important issue you need to discuss.

No, no, no. This is when the 'diaries' were still active - maybe two years ago.
No matter how good something is, there will always be someone blasting away on a forum somewhere about how much they hate it.

Phil, just keep it in your trunk while you're driving and you're fine - bad idea if you're flying.
No matter how good something is, there will always be someone blasting away on a forum somewhere about how much they hate it.

Archived