Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

"Buster" to quit touring?

I thought I'd use the name of one of his film role characters for the thread title... it's not like we need another Phil Collins thread...

But anyway, they say this is going to be his final tour. No more Phil Collins tours. They're calling his current tour his "First Final Farewell Tour". :rolleyes:

On a personal note, I just found out his middle name is David... as is mine. :eek: Just to save you from any potential confusion, I am NOT Phil Collins, nor do I play him on TV or in the movies. :freak:

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've heard reports that he has something like 60% hearing loss in one hear (some weird viral thing that is irreversible). Also, I strongly suspect the voice ain't what it used to be. I saw Genesis in 91', and they changed keys on about 75% of the songs (lower) so he could sing them (including songs off the album they were touring to support :eek: )
"You can't enjoy yourself unless you're having fun."

Shouldn't this have been posted in the Politics Forum ? :D Phil C. has hearing problems and sudden deafness in one ear.

A lot of older musicians are retiring from music or have stopped touring. It's probably wise to get out and see them for one last time. I just wish the shows weren't so freakin' expensive. :(

:) Olay.. Olay..

Speaking of Busters, whatever happened to Buster Poindexter(David Johannson)? He put on a great show and was a mainstay here in the NYC area. About Phil Collins, I had my fill about 15 years ago. Great songs, but talk about excessive airplay.

WUDAYAKNOW.. For the first time in my life, I'm wrong again!!

Archived