Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Mono pianos revisited - what are you using?

Skinny

Just coming back to this thread to say that I had a worship gig last weekend with a NS3 provided by the house, and found myself using the Queen Upright for pretty much everything - just the left output, no mono button in use.

• Like 1

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76| Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT, Kurzweil PC4 (88)

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments

Interesting, might give that a try--both the left output only vs the mono button (though some things like organ might be a problem) and that piano.  I've been using the White Grand mostly.

Might be a mostly-solved thing though with the NS3, just did a big outdoor gig in mono.  He did offer stereo but as I only had a mono wedge to use I wanted to monitor what FOH was getting.  (I also reckon that even if I gave him L and R the PA might have been mono, I've seen that before where they just take the path of least resistance to avoid an argument and take two feeds and don't pan them!)   He said everything sounded great and didn't have level/tone issues with the patches.  I have some issues with a couple synth patches that I need to sit down with but the piano seems ok.  I do notice a change in the reverb in mono, it seems more pronounced and while I don't use a lot anyway, I may take it down more in the future.