Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

ios Hammond Clones vs XK5 vs Nord Stage 3

Hi,

Found this video with a comparison between B3-X, VB3m and Galileo 2 against the Hammond XK5 and Nord Stage 3.

I found the VB3m to have a lower ouput than the B3-X in this video.

Also preferred the VB3m built-in rotary than than GSi Rotary app but ymmv.

1 hour ago, voxfan said:

Also preferred the VB3m built-in rotary than than GSi Rotary app but ymmv.

Interesting because I thought GSi Rotary was an add-on to VB3m, supposedly an improvement over VB3m's built-in rotary?

I'm far from an aficionado of rotary efx, but I find VB3m's built-in rotary's fast setting a tad too fast - wish I could slow it down a little. I don't wish hard enough to justify adding the external rotary app though!

Interesting, my rig's 3 most recent organ tones have come from B-3x, Sk pro and now a Nord Stage 3.  I honestly feel that's a slight step backward in sound each time but not enough for me to forego the Nord, which for my needs is a perfect gigging keyboard. I still have the option of using the first two but I'm currently in minimalistic "one keyboard" mode and enjoying the hell out of it :)  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Reezekeys said:

Interesting because I thought GSi Rotary was an add-on to VB3m, supposedly an improvement over VB3m's built-in rotary?

I'm far from an aficionado of rotary efx, but I find VB3m's built-in rotary's fast setting a tad too fast - wish I could slow it down a little. I don't wish hard enough to justify adding the external rotary app though!

On GSI's Facebook page, it looks like they are updating either the desktop or ios version with the words "Work in Progress". 

So, you may get your wish if they also also update and perhaps slow down the fast setting of the built-in rotary