Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Experimental Appetizer; Entree of Repurposed Leftovers

This was tonight’s appetizer & dinner.

E6FGzPi.jpg

Appetizer: sliced honeycrisp apples with radish sprouts, sliced Swiss cheese, and wrapped in prosciutto strips.

VKLsfAJ.jpeg

Entree: chunked rotisserie chicken breast, sliced mushrooms, broccoli & cauliflower florets, sautéed green & yellow onions, parsley, salt, garlic powder, and ground black pepper, in a sauce of butter, EVOO, Sauvignon blanc, pasta water, and shredded parrano cheese.  All tossed in the pan with egg noodles, then plated.

The appetizer was kind of fun.  I’ve seen variations on this theme, with different apples (fujis were common), cheeses (mostly cheeses like cheddar or parmesan) and different greens (like arugula or watercress).   I think the key is aiming for harder, sharper cheeses and greens with a bitter and/or peppery taste, as counterpoints to the sweetness of the apple and saltiness of the prosciutto.  

One note on the approach: I tried slicing it lengthwise in quarters, but that resulted in slivers that were too fragile to easily wrapped the apples, sprouts & cheese.  Cutting it in thirds or halves- and using toothpicks- would result in a snack that’s easier to make AND eat.

Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: âNinety percent of everything is crapâ

My FLMS- Murphy's Music in Irving, Tx

http://murphysmusictx.com/

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic