Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Keys caught in rainstorm

Analogaddict

2 hours ago, KRK said:

Lissone (Monza - Brianza)

we were REALLY lucky: just a couple of km away the scenario was more devastating (crowd trees, broken roofs, etc.) 🙁

Urgh. A mini-storm hit some cities in central Italy yesterday, including Roma... but nothing like the devastation you had in several zones of the North. Hope no damage was done to your people and equipment.

• Love 1

My condolences, friend. The weather has really been disconcerting and disruptive to my outdoor gigs this summer, between the erratic thunderstorms and the wildfire smoke. I played a big outdoor show opening for a Moderately Famous Band earlier this month; pro stage, crew, production, the whole bit. Showers forecasted for close to set time. What was not in the forecast was a torrential thunderstorm that kicked in right as we were starting to soundcheck (hours before it was predicted), blowing over tents, drenching the stage, calling the whole event into question. We were able to get a lot of our equipment covered and/or out of the way, and things cleared up in time for the show to go on less than half an hour later than scheduled, but I was drying out cases (for once wishing I had heavier road cases instead of padded soft ones) and accessories for a couple of days afterward.

The bandleader, already anxious about the show going well (because he has had a LOT of weather-related issues with gigs this summer, which has been translating as "lots of lost income and damaged gear"), was exclaiming to no one in particular, "how did none of the weather reports see this coming AT ALL?" An older gentleman on the crew leaned over and said "well, the temperature and moisture in the atmosphere are very different than they were even ten years ago. They just can't predict these intense storms anymore."

So much to look forward to as a gigging musician! Anyway, this is one reason I have a whole-house industrial dehumidifier installed in my home.

IMG_4062.PNG

IMG_4080.jpg

• Love 1

Samuel B. Lupowitz

Musician. Songwriter. Food Enthusiast. Bad Pun Aficionado.