Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: Bar-Hoppers Can Inhale Liquor Instead Of Drinking It!

Do you have an occasional beer/wine/mixed drink after work or on the weekends to loosen up?

If so, you may want to read about the next big thing ...it is set to make its debut in New York City Friday night.

Alcohol+Oxygen inhalers being installed in bars. :eek:

Is There Gas In The Car? :cool:

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Philip O'Keefe:

There's already talk of trying to get it banned.

I read that, Phil. We must hurry and try it out before it's too late! :P

:cool:

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

I'll bet you could get the same effect by putting alcohol into a nebulizer , and for about $2900.00 less. You wouldn't have the oxygen added but that's probably a neglible part of what that device does, which is vaporize a liquid, the same as a nebulizer. Hmmmm, I just happen to have a nebulizer around here somewhere.

I just received this email from a friend who lives in NYC:

Well, apparently it's going to be at the Trust Lounge tomorrow night (never heard of it, but there's only 10,000 bars in the city).

This thing is apparently causing a huge uproar! Since you dont have alcohol on your breath, you can pass a breathalyzer with no problem, and doctors are saying that inhaling alcoholic vapors could possibly cause brain damage (well, what doesn't?).

Definitely sounds interesting...

:cool:

I don't see how it would allow you to pass a breathalizer test... alcohol is still in your system, and part of the metabolic process is the elimination of it via respiration - if it is in your bloodstream it WILL be detectable in your breath.

As far as brain damage, it's the same thing - it's in your system, just like drinking it. The only difference is that it hits the bloodstream faster via this method of administration than it would if you drink it. Drinking can and does cause brain damage... IOW, kills brain cells. I don't see how this would change anything in that regard.

From what I've read, casual drinking does NOT kill brain cells. Long term alcohol abuse can cause a shrinking of the cerebral cortex, which is probably where the idea that every drink kills brain cells comes from.

I could make that 3 grand AWOL device for about two hundred bucks. It's just a nebulizer with an oxygen tank attached to the intake, very easy to accomplish, in fact somebody probably already makes one.

I think the thing that is going to kill this industry is...... smoking. Some dumb ass will, despite all the warnings, try to light up a cigarette while using the device, and KABOOM...... Oxygen is highly flammable.

I see one potential danger: if you are not using pure alcohol.

Gin for example contains a lot of water and small amounts of other substances that you definitely don't want to enter your lungs.

Don't mess with that stuff on your own.

http://www.lexam.net/peter/carnut/man.gif

What do we want? Procrastination!

When do we want it? Later!

The absolute best cure for a hangover that I have ever seen is a couple of quick pulls from an oxygen mask. Really.

True Dat. Back when I worked construction our welder would always show up for work and snort pure oxygen out of the welder before he started work; that cleared his head apparently. I'm not really sure if it killed any brains cells, he didn't start with too many... :freak:

Botch

"Eccentric language often is symptomatic of peculiar thinking" - George Will

www.puddlestone.net

I don't see how it would allow you to pass a breathalizer test... alcohol is still in your system, and part of the metabolic process is the elimination of it via respiration - if it is in your bloodstream it WILL be detectable in your breath.

According to the news report,Austrailia has already banned it because of non-detection in breathalizer tests.Anyway,I'll try anything once :Dhttp://www.awolmachine.com/awolflorida-307.jpg
"A Robot Playing Trumpet Blows"

Looks either like a convention of asthmatics, or a parody of a bunch of middle eastern folks smoking a hookah.

I'm sorry, I like to sip a Captain Morgan and Coke, or a beer. My lungs have taken enough abuse.

However...something does arouse my curiosity. Could something similar be used for treatment of lung ailments, like infectious pneumonia? Alcohol kills bacteria.

"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

Originally posted by Tedster:

Looks either like a convention of asthmatics, or a parody of a bunch of middle eastern folks smoking a hookah.

Now that I'm looking at it,I wonder if each new customer get's his own mouthpeice for the obvious reasons.

However...something does arouse my curiosity. Could something similar be used for treatment of lung ailments, like infectious pneumonia? Alcohol kills bacteria.

Primatene Mist and other Asthma inhalers contain alchohol,but I'm not sure of the effect on bacteria in the lungs.Interesting point.
"A Robot Playing Trumpet Blows"

Archived