Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Concern for Southwestern and west coast members

I keep seeing on the evening news about the horrifically high temperatures you have to deal with in those areas.  I also hear of hospitalizations and even some deaths attributed to the heat.  I hope the members here living in those areas(like DBM and Larryz) are taking all precautions to keep safe during what surely must be Hell on Earth.  I'm strongly hoping the best for all of you.

Whitefang

• Like 3
I started out with NOTHING...and I still have most of it left!

@whitefang and @desertbluesman, +1 on taking precautions and staying safe and hydrated.  It gets hot here in California where I am for a few days at a time around 105 degrees.  I'll bet it gets a lot hotter and for more days where DBM is living in Arizona.  I pretty much stay inside when it's 90 degrees or more outside...😎

• Like 3
Take care, Larryz

We broke the old record of how many consecutive days above 110*F. and it will continue off and on until October/September. New AC is working beautifully. Need the wife's car AC unit looked at on Monday. I am so used to the heat I go back and forth to shops and stores without too much trouble, even when it is 110/118 in the shade. Which means 120's in the sun.

If I could live somewhere else for my monthly costs in my community which are so low as to be un-matchable elsewhere. My monthly costs including climate control/ water/sewer/ association dues, and property taxes are less than $500 a month maybe even $450 or lower, plus internet, Netflix and Amazon prime. If I could live somewhere else for that money I would go there. House and cars and everything else is all paid for so no costs there except maintenance costs.

• Like 4
  • Cool 1

3 hours ago, Larryz said:

We'll be in the low to mid 90's for the next 14 days where I am in Northern California.  No more triple digits, Yeah!!! 😎👍

Still breaking records here Larryz. Thank goodness for modern AC units

• Like 1

@desertbluesman, I have a swamp cooler that I put in the window at the beginning of every summer. It does a good job from the morning up until about 4pm when it gets hot.  Then I kick on the AC and shut down the swamp cooler (aka: evaporative cooler). A lot of the time there is no need to kick on the AC as the swamp cooler keeps it cool up until the outside temp goes to about 90 degrees.  This really keeps the electric bill down.  There is an added benefit.  If there is a power outage and the power goes out on my AC, I can fire up the swamp cooler with my little backup generator and stay cooler than most of the neighborhoods. The old school techniques still work and come in handy!  Stay safe out thar Amigo!!! 🤠👍

• Like 2
Take care, Larryz