Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Finally figured it out, and it's nice being back.

Sure, been gone a long time, long enough to think my account was null and void.  I thought I had to re-register as a new member and had problems with that.  Like being told my username and e-mail was already being used by another member!  😲

Apparently was having a major senior moment(or two).  So this morning just tried signing in as if I've never gone away.  So now I'm finally back. 

But I still don't know what all the fuss was about.  After all, I got much more grief from other members back then(especially by one called FredC  and d=half note) Than I ever gave anyone else.

I refused to suffer fools and mostly was giving back as good as I got.  Plus a little good natured ribbing which it turns out is seen as "Passive-aggressive"  insulting  no less.  I saw the phrase as a millennial psychobabble oxymoron.  But nonetheless, I'll let all that roll off my back and will lay back and wait until I get used to how this site now operates before I engage more actively.  And now, a few addresses to a couple of members...

LARRYZ--- Glad to be able to get in touch with you again.  You've always been a great guy.  But one thing has been bothering me since the ban along with the reason why you refused to answer my repeated inquiries as to why you changed your avatar from that nice lookin' Ibanez guitar to a buffalo skull? So how about it?  What was up with that? 

SURFERGIRL-- slight correction.  My daughter Jennifer prefers to spell her "short" name J-E-N-N-I (you know, like JIMI?)I used to tease her about it, like calling her "Jenn-eye"  :laugh:  or writing her name  "Jenn👁️" on letters or birthday/Christmas cards.  Stuff that would probably get me banned from this site again.  😉  But enough of that.

Good things said about Jim Pate here feels good to read.  But nobody mentioned we also knew him by the handle "Doc".  When first getting onto his forum I mention that my step brother's step father(his Father of course was my stepfather) was also named Jim Pate and wondered if there was any relation.  But I believe it was just coincidence.  Especially since that other Jim Pate was always described by my stepbrother as an a$$hole.  I've rambled long enough, so I'll be here daily taking in how this place works and getting used to things. Glad to be back

Whitefang

• Like 2
I started out with NOTHING...and I still have most of it left!

32 minutes ago, whitefang said:

LARRYZ--- Glad to be able to get in touch with you again.  You've always been a great guy.  But one thing has been bothering me since the ban along with the reason why you refused to answer my repeated inquiries as to why you changed your avatar from that nice lookin' Ibanez guitar to a buffalo skull? So how about it?  What was up with that? 

Whitefang

Welcome back Fang!  Yeah +1 we always referred to Jim on the other site as Doc.  I never had an Ibanez guitar, so it was probably one of my black and white Strats in the Avatar.  Photoshop started charging to be on the site and took a ton of our Avatars and photos down for those that didn't want to pay for a subscription.  So, I chose a stock Avatar (i.e., a cow skull) from the list available on the GP Forum before the change to MPN. I had no meaning attached to my Avatar other than I needed one and I still kind of like it.  I haven't posted any pictures since the guitar Avatar came down...😎

• Like 1
Take care, Larryz

23 hours ago, Larryz said:

Welcome back Fang!  Yeah +1 we always referred to Jim on the other site as Doc.  I never had an Ibanez guitar, so it was probably one of my black and white Strats in the Avatar.  Photoshop started charging to be on the site and took a ton of our Avatars and photos down for those that didn't want to pay for a subscription.  So, I chose a stock Avatar (i.e., a cow skull) from the list available on the GP Forum before the change to MPN. I had no meaning attached to my Avatar other than I needed one and I still kind of like it.  I haven't posted any pictures since the guitar Avatar came down...😎

Well, I believe someone on some other forum referred to it as an Ibanez.  I remember it as a sienna toned solid body with a wide dark brown stripe down the center. I thought it looked nice.

19 hours ago, desertbluesman said:

Welcome back Fangster, the place was never the same after you were gone.

Thanks, but I do believe there were some who thought that was a good thing.  😉  😎

Later.....

Whitefang

• Like 1
I started out with NOTHING...and I still have most of it left!

@whitefang, Nope, from your description it's not like any guitar I have ever owned and definitely not an Ibanez as I never cared for the brand... The closest thing I can think of would be my Taylor T3B with exotic woods, 2 humbuckers and a Bigsby, semi-hollow body.  It does have a wide light brown center plank with darker outer bouts top and bottom, with triangular swirl f-holes.  It's got to be the one you're thinking of...It's just flat beautiful! 😎

• Like 1
Take care, Larryz