Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Just got an e-mail from Whitefang.

Just got an e-mail from Whitefang, wondering how I am doing. I still kept in touch with him via e-mail since he got banned from Music Player Forums. I always kinda liked his posts on the MPF's even when he got a little testy. It was amusing and kept the conversations going when the MPF board got dead for days at a time.

So I posted the above on Guitar Player Forum Refugees, and then thought to post this here

• Like 1

He's semi-active on another forum that was created by the late "Tennessee Jim" (among other names) at https://talk-music.proboards.com. He's been fine over there, I guess one of the Guitar forum mods nuked him ages ago.

What's the Guitar Player Forum Refugees?

• Like 2

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

1 hour ago, Joe Muscara said:

He's semi-active on another forum that was created by the late "Tennessee Jim" (among other names) at https://talk-music.proboards.com. He's been fine over there, I guess one of the Guitar forum mods nuked him ages ago.

Got it - thanks!

1 hour ago, Joe Muscara said:

I’m curious about that as well… 

dB

• Like 1

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

11 hours ago, Joe Muscara said:

IIRC, Jim (James Pate, Tenn Jim) created several forums on the free forum platform (the same one I used to create KCII). I think there was a guitar one and it might have been this one. https://guitartalk.freeforums.net But, I can't tell since I can't find any trace of him on there, nor the name whitefang as a member nor in the search. I could be completely off and he's talking about yet another guitar forum. :idk:

• Like 2

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

13 hours ago, Dave Bryce said:

Who is Whitefang?  I don’t remember banning anyone by that name…

dB

He was on the Guitar Player forum for many years. About 4 or 5 years ago he was banned from MP Forums for some of his replies, which pissed off some of the members here.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Joe Muscara said:

I set that one up years ago when the MP forums were in some sort of transitional changes. I invited Caev an administrator, and after the troubles were over I left the Guitar Player Forum Refugees board and forgot all about it. Then with the new changes in these MP forums. I decided to go create another Facebook forum but someone remembered the Guitar Player Forum Refugees and Caev let me back in and also remade me as an administrator.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, desertbluesman said:

Then with the new changes in these MP forums. I decided to go create another Facebook forum

Hope that wasn’t motivated by something I said or did… 😬 

8 hours ago, desertbluesman said:

Guitar Player Forum Refugees URL below. I don't know if that will let you view the Guitar Player Forum Refugees.

Nope.  Private group.

No worries…all good. 😎

dB

• Like 1

The Refugees was active when the Keyboard forum had their Facebook group. During all the server trouble. I kept posting there a while but once this place stabilized it fizzled out.  The Facebook format lent itself to different types of posts. The old MP forums required 3rd picture hosting.  Facebook didn’t. 

Who had problems with fang?  Was it Jimi?  I haven’t seen Jimi Photon forever.  

Jim Pate was a gentleman.  He loved Bluegrass.  Jim passed away a while ago. 

• Like 2

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

45 minutes ago, CEB said:

The Refugees was active when the Keyboard forum had their Facebook group. During all the server trouble. I kept posting there a while but once this place stabilized it fizzled out.  The Facebook format lent itself to different types of posts. The old MP forums required 3rd picture hosting.  Facebook didn’t. 

Who had problems with fang?  Was it Jimi?  I haven’t seen Jimi Photon forever.  

Jim Pate was a gentleman.  He loved Bluegrass.  Jim passed away a while ago. 

I remember Jim Pate.  What a really great guy.  He knew a lot about music, and loved sharing his knowledge here.  I sure learned quite a bit from him.

• Like 2
I rock; therefore, I am.

Jim Pate was a great guy and a true cyber music friend.  He made me an Administrator on his Talk-music Proboard site.  Many of us including Whitefang from the Guitar Players Forum, signed up for Jim's site as our forum was shutting down prior to MPN coming to the rescue, and it was a way for many of us to stay in touch prior to any Facebook sites.  Jim's site sadly died with his passing.  There were many that had problems with Whitefang on the GP Forum and some of them left the site because of him.  Thus, Whitefang was banned by Astring and/or Bluesape IIRC.  Whitefang acted appropriately on Jim's site and probably could have stayed on this site, if he could manage to do the same.  😎

• Like 3
Take care, Larryz

In Whitefang's defense, in recent years he had lost his wife & then suffered a mini-stroke. As a fellow widower I will always give someone a bit of a pass for behaving oddly in the wake of a spouse's passing. It takes time, years, to get back to any sort of normal. And even then, that normal is not like before. 

• Like 6
Scott Fraser

Whitefang and I had some conversation by DM on the other site, and sorta made up. He has a daughter that shares a name with me, no her name isn't surfgirl, jennie, mine is spelled with y. I sent a DM to @Dave Brycetelling him where to find all the details and that I wouldn't be opposed to Whitefang coming back. Of course it is not up to me. For those who know the story and remember, thanks for leaving my name out of it.

And Jim Pate was a gentleman and I want to be very clear, he had absolutely nothing to do with this.

• Like 3

Jennifer S.

3 hours ago, Larryz said:

Jim Pate was a great guy and a true cyber music friend.  He made me an Administrator on his Talk-music Proboard site.  Many of us including Whitefang from the Guitar Players Forum, signed up for Jim's site as our forum was shutting down prior to MPN coming to the rescue, and it was a way for many of us to stay in touch prior to any Facebook sites.  Jim's site sadly died with his passing.  There were many that had problems with Whitefang on the GP Forum and some of them left the site because of him.  Thus, Whitefang was banned by Astring and/or Bluesape IIRC.  Whitefang acted appropriately on Jim's site and probably could have stayed on this site, if he could manage to do the same.  😎

That is the way I remember it as well. (Although I needed the reminder from Larryz above).

• Like 2

3 hours ago, surfergirl said:

I sent a DM to @Dave Brycetelling him where to find all the details and that I wouldn't be opposed to Whitefang coming back. Of course it is not up to me.

Nor me! :idk: 

I’m just the guy with the keys to the place - this forum is here for you guys to run as you best see fit.  I would prefer to participate in this forum more as a fairly inexperienced guitar player trying to learn from y’all than as the police.

If you want me to lift Whitefang’s ban, say the word.

dB

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dave Bryce said:

Nor me! :idk: 

I’m just the guy with the keys to the place - this forum is here for you guys to run as you best see fit.  I would prefer to participate in this forum more as a fairly inexperienced guitar player trying to learn from y’all than as the police.

If you want me to lift Whitefang’s ban, say the word.

dB

Giving Fang another shot is OK by me...and @surfergirl, and @desertbluesman, and @Scott Fraser, and @CEB, as far as I can tell from the comments so far... 😎

• Like 1
Take care, Larryz

39 minutes ago, Larryz said:

Giving Fang another shot is OK by me...and @surfergirl, and @desertbluesman, and @Scott Fraser, and @CEB, as far as I can tell from the comments so far... 😎

Ban lifted. 

Tell him he needs to use the original email account he signed up with to log on.  If he needs to know what that is, lemme know.

dB

• Like 2

To the Fangster

I mentioned you on the music player forums and we had a discussion on you and the past. Let me know if you decide to rejoin, and have trouble doing so,

Here is the URL of the board https://forums.musicplayer.com/forum/29-guitar-forum/

From Larryz

DBM, the Ban has been lifted on Fang.  You can email him and let him know.  He has to use his original email to log back on.  If he needs help finding his email ID to log in, password, etc., You can help him by sending PM's to Dave Bryce for any info needed.  Take care, Larryz

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Caevan O’Shite said:

I will be surprised if he isn't right back to being a condescending jackass.

Well it might be so Caev, but at least he makes for some discussion on a board that is getting pretty slow, he may perk it up a bit, we shall see.

(look at all the action we got on the subject in the last few days, more action than we have seen for a long time).

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Caevan O’Shite said:

I will be surprised if he isn't right back to being a condescending jackass.

"Rule #4. No Trolls!

If you are here to tell everyone how great you are, stir up trouble and see how many folks you can upset, you are in the wrong place."

@Caevan O’Shite We have a great group of courteous common sense forum members like you on this guitar forum.  Hopefully if Fang comes back, he will help keep it that way...😎

• Like 2
Take care, Larryz

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/16/2023 at 10:47 AM, Larryz said:

"Rule #4. No Trolls!

If you are here to tell everyone how great you are, stir up trouble and see how many folks you can upset, you are in the wrong place."

@Caevan O’Shite We have a great group of courteous common sense forum members like you on this guitar forum.  Hopefully if Fang comes back, he will help keep it that way...😎

Kinda slow to respond to this.  But really.....

When have I ever told anyone how great I am?  At what?  Your old friend Larry, your "bro Fred" used to often make it a point to call me a "hack" as a guitar player.  I had to remind him that the FIRST person to call me a hack in this forum was ME!  And in those same posts it was him who would often tell me how great HE was.  And between him and all the grief I got from d=half note, it was ME who got banned.  

But that's all water under a long passed bridge.  Life's too short to waste time focusing on horsesh!t That anyone shouldn't dignify by paying much attention to in the first place.  And if we're going to focus on anything, let's make it an effort to not create mountainous molehills.  ;) 

Whitefang

• Like 1
I started out with NOTHING...and I still have most of it left!

@whitefang, I never said you ever told anyone how great you are.  I simply quoted Forum Rule 4 re; Trolls in response to a comment made by Caevan. Rule 4 besides telling people how great we are, also states that we are not here to stir up trouble and see how many folks we can upset.  That's why I said if you come back, hopefully you will help keep this a group of courteous common sense forum members. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Take care, Larryz

Speaking for myself, I always got Whitefang's ironic take on things-
and also how easily it could be misinterpreted, especially living in a place like Japan where irony itself is a 
foreign concept. I try to hang on to my inner child but, I totally get anger and resentment about life. We all express it differently.
If I just lost a loved one, even the most brilliant joke is not welcome. Irony and Honesty-kind of like that pop song with Sir Paul and Stevie Wonder. We wish they could live side by side like on a piano. Sometimes they don't.  

• Like 2

Same old surprises, brand new cliches-

Skipsounds on Soundclick:

www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandid=602491