Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

"Mutt" Lange does the Darknes!!!!

Yep, it's a match made in Heaven!

Read it in mag, so who nows. Anyway, I guess they are pefect for each other.

Now the Darkness are really gonna kick the bottocks of every so called Hard Rock band out there, albeit 10 years late. Extra points for being cool about it.

Can't wait for the multitracked falsettos, triple harmony solos, multi-part rock opera, pseudo symphonic pieces!

Admit it, they make rockin fun. Name any act from your era that are still having fun?

Exactly my point.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ain't they a few years late?

have you read theys lyrics?

Cool look. ahahahaha!

I'm stahting a gnu band(not really) and I was thankin' of naming it. "MORNING" Or maybe MORNIN'?Maybe THE MORNIN'? or THE MORNING?

or maybe the william Hung tribute band?

he "has" sold a hunner'd thousand plus records..

Frank Ranklin and the Ranktones

WARP SPEED ONLY STREAM

FRANKIE RANKLIN (Stanky Franks) <<<

I wished to know who MUTT the Butt is an' an' I looked him op' mon'and I guess he's the NEW DON WAS? He was responsible for DEF LEPPARD..

uh do you thank he could do anythang with my tracks? anybody got his home phone digits?

course he ain't no Quincy YO; nahahaha... check, check... hey is this thang awn?

WARP SPEED ONLY STREAM

Arell, Mutt is responsible for a good bit of AC/DC as well as Def Leppard, but he's probably most famous to the kiddies for his most recent work... His wife's albums. You may have heard of her. First name is "Shania". :D

He also shys away from any public personae. Prefers to be known for his work, but not seen.

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

Originally posted by fantasticsound:

Arell, Mutt is responsible for a good bit of AC/DC as well as Def Leppard, but he's probably most famous to the kiddies for his most recent work... His wife's albums. You may have heard of her. First name is "Shania". :D

Oh, yeah, I just love Shania Lange! :freak:

no joke. rumor is mutt sessions are often tension filled, as def lepperd and ac/dc have atteste to aswell. anyhoo...

on heartbeat city, (and later on post car crash def lepperd i believe)apparently mutt sampled everything onto the fairlight (predating protools) and moved it all around until he felt it was "perfect." i think drummer dave robinson was a bit disgusted by the whole ordeal.

-d. gauss

Tension filled sessions?

I'd be tense too if somebody began hacking and ripping apart my ideas and arrangements.

he's just one guy. He prolly has a set way to do thangs. you know , a form-u-la...

thats why his albums sound the same. it worked for a couple of bands yet it could'nt work for every band..

Whats up with that BILLY SQUIER sound. Tinny and very produced. gets on my nerves right away.

In my opine LESS IS ALWAYS MORE..

theys lots of goode producers out there I'm sure..

thanks for lettin' me share..

I'll see you on the radio.. No, really.. ahahahaha!.

WARP SPEED ONLY STREAM

Originally posted by ptuzer:

Anyone who has a Castle in Switzerland and lives offShania Twain's Royalties and get's to boink her too. Does not deserve a break ( Right Erik? -inside joke).

Good Karma?

Lives off Shania? I believe he was independently wealthy from the multi-platinum albums he produced prior to meeting Shania. Still, the extra income she brings to the table is.. shall we say, substantial? (Oh, and Mutt hooked up with Shania when Music Row was dragging their feet deciding what to do with her. Mutt is directly responsible for those royalties, as much as Shania herself. She could've ended up just another pretty face with a decent voice who go nowhere....

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

Lives off Shania? I believe he was independently wealthy from the multi-platinum albums he produced prior to meeting Shania. Still, the extra income she brings to the table is.. shall we say, substantial? (Oh, and Mutt hooked up with Shania when Music Row was dragging their feet deciding what to do with her. Mutt is directly responsible for those royalties, as much as Shania herself. She could've ended up just another pretty face with a decent voice who go nowhere....
Yup, you`re right on with that. The guy knows what he is doing and he deserves all the benefits he has because he has earned them. Twain was not anywhere near what she is now until Mr. Lange came along and helped her realize her own unique sound. They got alot of crap for it but all pathfinders do.

I`d love to sit next to him and just watch and hear him work.

Peace,

Ernest

i'd like to hear a mutt lange 'solo' album.

he may be hard to work with or hard on the musicians, but in the end, album sales tell the story.

the dude can rock. (even if the production is really polished up)

Originally posted by cerumen:

i'd like to hear a mutt lange 'solo' album.

he may be hard to work with or hard on the musicians, but in the end, album sales tell the story.

QB]

bwahahaha!

This is way too funny to me for some reason. ahahaha! hee haw!snicker,snicker...

see it would just be him like saying:" No,no thats all wrong.." let me sample that/ do another take"/ cocaine! we need more cocaine!/doanothertake/ howinthehell do you expect greatness to come from shit iffen you don't sprankle a little cocaine on it.

now get me some damm cocaine and a skinny midget with tremors or palsy.now!

eh. uh maybe it lost something from my brane to the screen.. it seemed funnier in my head.. uh sorry. I don't have an erase button on my typeing thing that sets on my desk,you know; I tap it with my fangertips..(faint whistleing noise)

WARP SPEED ONLY STREAM

Not that I actually care but....

Ever notice how much Bryan Adams' CD Waking Up The Neighbors sound like later day Def Leppard?

--------------------

I did! It really turned me off. I don't know what was worst: a) that the sound was not a Def Leppard - Mutt collaboration, B) Bryan Adams sounding like Deff & sucking at the same time or c)that the "Mutt" sound was actually an easy to follow recipe that could be done by anyone.

Whatever right, I still think Hysteria is pretty cool, for a Hard Rock record.

Has anyone seen that Def Lep movie in VH1? It's frigging hilarious!!!! Can we say that playing Mutt in the movie actually revived his acting career? I'm really hoping it was a comedy, cause it would suck donkeys by any other std. Still, enjoyable thou (if you refuse to let the inner critic come out...like others here :thu: )

Anyway, just wanted to throw you guys a bone and see you fight over it...

How many forumites does it take to actually record a piece of music????

:D

Originally posted by arellspencer:

I wished to know who MUTT the Butt is an' an' I looked him op' mon'and...

his house, chateau Sully:

http://www.swisscastles.ch/Vaud/chateau/sully.html

his wife:

http://areyours.com/i/persone_famose/bios/162.html

the village "La Tour-de-Peilz" near Montreux:

http://www.swiss-riviera.com/tour-de-peilz/

his bio:

http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=11:uvse4j270wat~T1

-Peace, Love, and Potahhhhto

Can we say that playing Mutt in the movie actually revived his acting career?
I meant to say, playing Mutt revived Anthony Michael Hall's acting career.

Did to much coke that day, you how that usually turns out.

Still, his best work was in "Weird Science".

Archived