Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Keyboard-Clueless Sound Techs (rant)

I sure would like to know why it's ok for the guitar player and bass player to have their own amp and then we get stuck with the house crappy monitors or dirty looks when we bring our own? . Last year I did a gig and it was ok for the guitar player and bass player to have amps up there and the rest don't bring anything. And you can guess what happened next,  I had no sound whatsoever using their crap mono monitor while the guitar player and bassist heard themselves perfectly out of their amps. Ridiculous.  Most gigs I am able to bring my own stereo monitor system and thankfully most sound techs it's not an issue, I just have to explain it. " Robby has his amps  and I have mine. " - Ray Manzarek.

7 hours ago, vonnor said:

I also went through all my patches and dialed back any reverb by 50% or more. I definitely noticed the difference in my home setup running thru my CP-8 (QSC). You could hear the low "rumble" really fade as I slid the cutoff. 130Hz seemed to be a sweet-spot. Will adjust as needed at sound-check.

I should be good to go for Friday gig. :)

~ vonnor 

Interesting thought.  When mixing in my DAW, I typically cut the lows on my Aux reverbs.  Never thought about doing that with patches for live.  I don't use much verb anyway, but I'm going to try adding a filter after my verbs on some patches to see how it works out live

Well.....   Wish us luck.  We play our very first show tomorrow, outdoors at a bar/restaurant.  Technically it's my first show; a few of the others have played out before.  My biggest concern is that the outdoors ambiance will mean my sound gets totally lost and is unheard.  Well, that's the biggest concern besides the usual concern about playing the wrong notes of course!   LOL Maybe it's better if I can't be heard!