Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

LD systems Maui 5 for live keyboard performances?

Hi All

Just searching online for best portable pa. I'm a keyboard and acoustic guitar player and singer and was wondering if anyone has had experience with the Maui 5 Go and how it sounds with acoustic piano/keyboard sounds? I'm currently just using a Bose S1 which obviously has no sub. It sounds pretty good but I'm thinking maybe with the LD systems sub I could maybe get a more comprehensive, better sound?

Thanks

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just judging from the specs, there's no way to tell how it will sound. I've never heard of this brand FWIW.  :idk:

200W rms amp plus 120 dB peak sound level should provide decent sound coverage for a solo act, but the frequency specs are sketchy and there's no way to tell whether it will sound smooth or peaky and harsh without trying your instruments through one.

Moe

---

I like the "swappable-battery-in-the-column" design of the Maui. 

But I can't help feeling that piano and acoustic guitar have similar requirements for sound reproduction: "loud enough", clear, uncoloured, no super-deep bass. (Lots of 8in woofers used by forumites here). I would be tempted to get an acoustic-guitar amp with a second channel that can take a line-level signal for keys - something like the Fishman range.

Is battery power and column stand design important to you? 

Cheers, Mike.