Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Nautilus discount extended past 06-30-2023

I bought a Nautilus 73 a few days ago to avoid missing out on the rebate.😁

Oh well...great to know that if I decide to buy a Nautilus 88, I still have time to catch it on sale.🤣😎

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

8 minutes ago, CHarrell said:

This can mean only one thing: invasion Korg Kronos successor bay-beeeeeee!!!!!

At the rate Korg is going with recent announcements (Wavestate Mark II/SE/Platinum and Opsix 61), I would not be surprised if they decided unveil a new Kronos. 

However, I would question releasing a successor Kronos from a business perspective because the top-tier synth workstation market is almost dried up. 😎

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

33 minutes ago, ProfD said:

However, I would question releasing a successor Kronos from a business perspective because the top-tier synth workstation market is almost dried up. 😎

The Fantom and the Montage (MODX) have done well though, yeah? Nautilus was a weird product, in my opinion, and I wouldn't be surprised if many consumers didn't know what to make of it.

My theory is that they are selling way at the new price discount and the market is still soft so the discount is meeting its purpose to maximize sales volume and profitability to build them.   I know I bought a Nautilus during this sale and so did Prof D.  Not sure who else picked one up.

Yamaha U1 Upright, Roland Fantom 8, Nord Stage 4 HA73, Nord Wave 2, Korg Nautilus 73, Viscount Legend Live, Lots of Mainstage/VST Libraries

1 hour ago, ProfD said:

I would question releasing a successor Kronos from a business perspective because the top-tier synth workstation market is almost dried up. 😎

Nah.  Look at all the posts on various forums asking for a Kronos successor.  If (big "if") a new Korg workstation has some innovative features and a great user interface, it will sell.

1 hour ago, CHarrell said:

Nautilus was a weird product, in my opinion, and I wouldn't be surprised if many consumers didn't know what to make of it.

Exactly.  It is a step down Kronos.  The interface is too stripped, with most everything hidden in menus.  Kronos/Nautilus OS is too complex of a beast to expect people to navigate it intuitively.

1 hour ago, jeffincltnc said:

I know I bought a Nautilus during this sale and so did Prof D.  Not sure who else picked one up.

I'm certainly considering it.  I'm not in a hurry, since I have the OASYS and Kronos, but they are 18 and 13 years old.  I have purchased such a large library collection, a Nautilus redundancy might be wise.  It wasn't long ago that Korg amended the library policy, shareable to 3 keyboards.  I think there is room for the Nautilus...

KronosOASYS2.jpg.aed405619bc704e7bc18a021ba6bbbe4.jpg

I got one when it came out 2 years ago; I love how it sounds but to be honest use my VST's more. I would agree with an earlier post it is possible the top end workstations aren't in as much demand- in my opinion due to computers.

However, something like a CK61 for me has additional value with the speakers, batteries, and more portability.