Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Are we (and have we always been) alone in the universe...is there or was there ever other life, never mind intelligent life?

21 hours ago, bill5 said:

Lightning bugs.

City boys, pfffffffffft

If its frat boys flying paragliders, you're not allowed to shoot at them, but its legal in Missouri and Florida to paste them in the head with fruit. Apples are naturals, but you'll become a local hero if you can get a pineapple up there.

• Haha 1

Lab Mode splits between contemplative work and furious experiments.
Both of which require you to stay the hell away from everyone else.
This is a feature, not a bug.
Kraftwerk’s studio lab, Kling Klang,
 didn’t even have a working phone in it.
       ~ Warren Ellis

25 minutes ago, bill5 said:

Kaku never said that. Did you even watch the video?

Yes I did, and yes, he never said that directly, he just said that science is ready to go a new direction. What this clip and the other I posted really shows is how uncertain the top minds are about big bang and other beliefs that science holds dear. Like I said, in 100 years...

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

He never said it directly or indirectly. Sure, science is always ready to go in a new direction; that doesn't mean it's ready to disregard things which have considerable evidence to back them up and have stood the test of time.

For that reason, the top minds aren't really very uncertain about the Big Bang; they only acknowledge that it isn't a stone cold fact. At least I haven't seen any top mind (or even mid-range mind) give a credible dispute. 

Anyway, I agree with you or whoever that said the first contact if ever will probably be between probes or something similar. They stand a far better chance to survive long-term to explore than us. Still, it's such a needle in the haystack thing.

• 2 weeks later...