Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT - MS office for POs

Hello,

I know there are some sharp computer people on this forum, possibly someone can lend a hand.

Is there a program or method in Microsoft Office that can create and manage Purchase orders?

Not sure if good old Excel can handle all of this or if I need some additional program like MS Access to put it all together.

Thanks for any input, I've been entering data the old fashioned way and it's really eating into my family (and music) time. Hoping to get things running more efficiently without digging too deep into heavy computer languages and programming.

Appreciate it,

Dahkter

PS - done the google thing (too many returns) and the MS website sucks to navigate. Possibly someone has some experience of business organization with the regular MS office suite. Option of buying new software is a bit slim too.

Thanks again

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Go HERE! It ain't that hard to navigate the site.

Just look at the different templates and choose the one you want. I've used a couple of Microsoft's templates and they work very well, and are easy to customize.

Our Joint

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it." The Duke...

Hi All,

Lee - hope NY and the Little Steven festival treated you nicely!!!

Anyway, back to the story.

At this point I type in data on a global spreadsheet with thirty tabs sorted by customer.

I'd like to have one area to enter info and have it automatically go out to the thirty tabs.

This would be easy if I had only one order, but for orders 2-2000 not sure how I can keep everything updated. Basically looking to get info in, assign it a #, be able to manipulate it, then be able to close it out....

Sorry if too vague and thanks again for the writings,

Dahkter

PS - Zeronyne - I think you have it, database looks to be the key word and solution here...

Originally posted by dahkter:

Hi All,

Lee - hope NY and the Little Steven festival treated you nicely!!!

Oh man, it was awesome! Been wanting to do a little writeup about it, but haven't had the time yet, still catching up on stuff.

Anyway, back to the story.

At this point I type in data on a global spreadsheet with thirty tabs sorted by customer.

I'd like to have one area to enter info and have it automatically go out to the thirty tabs.

This would be easy if I had only one order, but for orders 2-2000 not sure how I can keep everything updated. Basically looking to get info in, assign it a #, be able to manipulate it, then be able to close it out....

Ahh... yeah you really need to have a database to do that. Excel ain't gonna cut it. If you have Access I might be able to set ya up with a little somethin... seeing as I am a database apps programmer and all. ;) Email me if you want.

Funny thing, that is exactly how I became a database apps programmer... from trying to do everything in Lotus 1-2-3 spreadsheets and BASIC. :D

Hi Lee,

Thanks for the friendly info, and yeah you should definitely put together a few sentences about your trip, would be nice to read.

I'll do some research into database applications, are there any good books or websites that I could look at to demystify the process? At least now I have a better idea at what I'm looking at, thanks everyone

Later

Dahkter

Archived