Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Recommendations for stand extension tier for a micro keyboard

Magpel

I’m looking for a extension tier for a standard X-style keyboard stand that will be narrow enough to hold one of two very small keyboards—either the Hydrasynth Explorer or—even smaller—an Arturia Minilab mkII—barely more than a foot wide and less than a foot deep.

This is for live use. I have an extension tier in my studio that works great but it will not adjust narrow enough to support either of these keyboards without using a custom platform of some kind, which I’d like to avoid. In my mind, I’m seeing a single-pole attachment that mounts to just one of the ends of an X-stand and then has an adjustable platform on top. I leafed through the Sweetwater offerings and did see a few things that almost looked the part, typically called utility platforms, etc. But I’d better thought I’d query the experience here. 

Thanks

Check out the Sweet Clementines CD at bandcamp

On 6/13/2023 at 2:38 PM, stoken6 said:

On-Stage KSA8500? https://on-stage.com/products/view/13522

Or would you prefer an asymmetric attachment that fits to one of the arms on your X-stand? Laptop holder or music stand would probably work

Cheers, Mike.

Thanks, That would certInly do it, and it looks like you can use two of those brackets, for lack of the proper term, and not  all four. Little pricey though!

The single-pole utility platforms look like they would work for the MiniLab but def not for the Hydrasynth Explorer.

You’d think with so many ultra small and minikey controllers and synths out there these days, there’d be a more robust variety of second tier stands for them (in my case, I’ll be sitting to play the 61-key unit and standing and playing guitar when I want access to the mini board.)

Check out the Sweet Clementines CD at bandcamp

not a 2nd tier, but these are crazy great if your keyboard is the size of a Yamaha reface YC or CP. (they fit a reface perfectly).   did i mention cheap? (sometimes 2 bucks plus shipping on ebay) . I bought two and have modified both of them so they fold up, and can also sit close side by side. Really solid, all steel, and sturdy.  https://www.amazon.com/Rock-Band-Keyboard-Stand-Xbox-PlayStation/dp/B0040J1REA

spacer.png

• Like 1