Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Digital Performer

I love DP but there are some features I would like to see changed or at least looked into. For one: when you name a soundbite AFTER it is recorded, wouldn`t it be nice (convenient/logical) if the name change also took place in the Soundbites window?

Recently I lost some guitar tracks as well. After some research I found them in another folder. My engineer lost some files as well and found them in the Dutch (the language) folder! How the heck did the files get there???

Anyway, I was wondering if any of you are having similiar issues? Yes, I checked the prefs and everything tells the files to go to the project folder. Just some odd stuff going on.

Ernest

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You are using OS X, right?

1) Upgrade to 10.3.5 (it solved a lot of issues for me)

2) Go to Utilities->Drive Setup, select your drive, and repair permissions. If you've never done this before, you're going to be in for a nasty shock.

This may not solve your problem, but it definitely will at least give you a fighting chance while you diagnose it.

"For instance" is not proof.

Yes!! It would be great if you could change the name even after you record and it would change the name in the audio folder as well. We've all lost files because of that one. I'm still runnin' 3.11 on sys 9.2 and maybe this one is different in 4 on os 10, but I wish after I apply groove quantize the window would close.

I`m actually running OS 9.1 until my project is complete.

My engineer and I have the same problems with DP. Audio files get placed into folders that have NOTHING to do with the project like the Dutch folder!

We`re pretty on top of this stuff you know like after every session we go into the Soundbites and make sure everything is in that project folder. Its a PITA but we now have to do it because of these misplaced bites.

I wonder if MOTU knows about this. I`m sure they would fix it ASAP. Do you guys also have trouble occassionally with pasting? DP occassionally will offset the paste move a little forward or behind. Yes we`ve trashed prefs and checked that offfest was not on.

Peace,

Ernest

Originally posted by ernest828@aol.com:

I love DP but there are some features I would like to see changed or at least looked into. For one: when you name a soundbite AFTER it is recorded, wouldn`t it be nice (convenient/logical) if the name change also took place in the Soundbites window?

Recently I lost some guitar tracks as well. After some research I found them in another folder. My engineer lost some files as well and found them in the Dutch (the language) folder! How the heck did the files get there???

Anyway, I was wondering if any of you are having similiar issues? Yes, I checked the prefs and everything tells the files to go to the project folder. Just some odd stuff going on.

Ernest

NOt sure what is going on with your DP< but check your preferences. The Soundbites always follow the trackname.

Yamaha (Motif XS7, Motif 6, TX81Z), Korg (R3, Triton-R), Roland (XP-30, D-50, Juno 6, P-330). Novation A Station, Arturia Analog Experience Factory 32

Archived