Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

MacBook Air M2 gets bump with 15' screen for squinting MainStagers

I have the 13" M2 model and have really been impressed and use it way more than I anticipated, so I was excited to hear about the 15" model.  For me today the announcement was a disappointment I was hoping they would bump the spec's other than screen size.   I was really hoping they'd off a M3 version, maybe early next year.

Anyone who doesn't already have M-series Macbook Air recommend them, but suggest you get at least the 16GB RAM and bump up the storage beyond the base model.    If you look around you'll see articles on how the base storage is single chip that is slower, bumping up the storage is a two chip config that is faster.   

Ok let’s see what we have here on M2 Mac Air. Dedicated charging on the MagSafe.  Nice.  
3.5mm for audio out.  
USB4/TB for Keyboard Controller.  Spare TB for audio interface if preferred - or a TB dock to add all sorts of io and display ports if needed.  

548D4EF8-B6A7-4730-AD04-B721C5F9C8FE.thumb.jpeg.d067ec25a0865008d6306ac221e53999.jpeg

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

Yea that kind of thing is irksome.  That said, I tend to use my computers for quite a long while (still using a 2016 MBP) so it's a bit easier to rationalize when you spread the cost out per year.  The mind can work wonders :) 

Speaking of squinting, I've reached the point where I'd need glasses on any size laptop, so might as well go small as possible and at home use a big screen.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Stokely said:

Speaking of squinting, I've reached the point where I'd need glasses on any size laptop, so might as well go small as possible and at home use a big screen.   

Damned right! When I saw the massive prices on M1 iMacs, I bought a Mini, a $15 desktop media stand and plopped a generous display on top, right at eye level. It saves on neck strain and when I watch fantasy flicks, spaceships, superheroes and dragons fly right up my nose. Cool.

"I like that rapper with the bullet in his nose!"
 "Yeah, Bulletnose! One sneeze and the whole place goes up!"
       ~ "King of the Hill"

3 hours ago, RABid said:

I'm really glad they added the MagSafe jack to free up that second USB-C port.

I have the original M1 Air (16gb).  I was also a little concerned by the limited number of ports.  However, at home and at work I connect it to a 4K display (Dell at home, LG at work) via USB-C cable, which provides power and display in a single cable.  Then if I need to connect any other devices, I can either use the display's USB ports, or plug in a USB-C hub with all the additional ports and card readers etc. I need.

I love my 1st gen M1 Air far more than I expected. At this point, if it was lost or stolen, I'd probably just replace it with the same model. It works great, and the limited number of ports has turned out to be a non-issue for me.

• Like 1

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.