Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Do the Prophet 5 or 10 Support Breath Control?

1 hour ago, jerrythek said:

Reading the MIDI implementation, the answer seems to be no. Breath Control is CC#2, I don't see it supported directly.

Jerry

Thank you.  I check Matt Traum's list of favorite hardware synths for wind controllers (he's pretty much the expert and writes patches for them) and he doesn't list it.  This isn't why I'm interested in it, but it would be nice if it were available for it. I'm going to consider this a "hard no."  Thank you very much!  Where, if anywhere is a list of the CC assignments for it?

A simple visit to the Sequential website, the product page and documentation/downloads will get you there.

And yes, Matt is THE guy when it comes to wind controllers.

12 hours ago, Skyscrapersax said:

Thank you.  I check Matt Traum's list of favorite hardware synths for wind controllers (he's pretty much the expert and writes patches for them) and he doesn't list it.  This isn't why I'm interested in it, but it would be nice if it were available for it. I'm going to consider this a "hard no."  Thank you very much!  Where, if anywhere is a list of the CC assignments for it?

12 hours ago, Tusker said:

Never tried this but IF filter cutoff has a midi cc assignment I suppose you could use something like the MIDI Solutions Event Processor to remap the CC#2.

Or a laptop with a host like mainstage which can also remap midi events. Based on my experience, latency could be a factor with laptop. Trial and error required.

Yup, I didn't want to get into this level of complexity... you often want to map CC#2 to both Expression (CC#11) and a little bit of Filter Cutoff (usually CC#74). But Matt Traum discusses it here: https://www.patchmanmusic.com/WindControllerFAQ.html and he mostly talks about Expression.

• Like 1