Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Virtual pc on mac?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i use vpc3 on my old mac. vpc4 didnt work as good, so i went back to vpc3. vpc3 works much better than vpc2 did. MUCH better. you cant use it for anything complecated, its too slow. the mac has to run itself, plus run vpc, plus then vpc is running windows, the application in windows your using, THEN it takes the data from the app, runs through windows, to the mac, re-converts the windows code to mac code, does the math, then reverses the proccees. ugh. i can surf the net pretty well in vpc3, usually about the same speed as the mac side, although screen redraws are slower. hardly any music software works worth a dam though.

The Tascam/Nemesys Gigastudio/Gigasampler products will unfortanutely not work through virtural PC. To achieve its voice streaming it needs to access the computer at a lower level...below the OS. I don't think that we will be seeing a mac version of this software either just because of the vast amounts of software engineering that it takes to tailor the source code for the computer hardware. But being a Mac guy I strongly believe that the right platform for this software is the PC. PCs are very cheap and you could buy a very capable PC and the Gigastudio software for less than a hardware sampler. Unless you are a touring/gigging musician, there is no reason to buy a hardware sampler these days IMHO. You just get so much more. Sorry if I went too OT.

what version of vpc are you using, and what version of acid. also if it's not to much trouble could you tell us in what way you were applying acid like how you used it in detail, and how the performance was, like what its' limits were. thanx alot

Archived