Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Bluetooth has come a long way.

There was a time when I hated listening to music through a bluetooth connection. My first experience was in the car, tying my phone to my stereo. Such a narrow bandwidth of frequency and dynamics. Now, more than 50% of the music I listen to goes through a bluetooth connection. Another major improvement for me is the abolishment of the one device one connection rule. Now it is so much easier to move connections and share devices with family members. I'm hoping they will start dealing with latency. That will help when connecting instruments to the iPad.

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

• 2 weeks later...

On 5/26/2023 at 10:12 AM, RABid said:

There was a time when I hated listening to music through a bluetooth connection. My first experience was in the car, tying my phone to my stereo. Such a narrow bandwidth of frequency and dynamics. Now, more than 50% of the music I listen to goes through a bluetooth connection. Another major improvement for me is the abolishment of the one device one connection rule. Now it is so much easier to move connections and share devices with family members. I'm hoping they will start dealing with latency. That will help when connecting instruments to the iPad.

What time are you from?

I am living in your past partially because of the local infrastructure and partially because I have limits on how much I am willing to pay for some things (i.e. cable, unlimited cell, streaming lo-fi vs. 4K).

34 minutes ago, o0Ampy0o said:

What time are you from?

Well, two years ago I was still on an iPhone 6. Finally upgraded all the way to 12. I live in a rural area with poor DSL. I don't do unlimited cell. But, I do have Apple Music and have watched them go from 128bit to lossless. I get to download songs to my iPhone. I can tell you, download once listen many is much better than just streaming everything. My 4 year old Camry has much better bluetooth than my first bluetooth radio had. I have bluetooth speakers in the bathroom, kitchen and porch. I think I buy a cheap bluetooth speaker about every other year and they keep getting better.

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

Bluetooth hasn't gone quite far enough for me. We have IN EAR monitors at church and I wanted to get rid of the wire so I bought 2 DIFFERENT inexpensive bluetooth transmitters to work with my earbuds. NOT GOOD. Probably 1/4 second delay in each. Not acceptable for a drummer. It might work for a guitar player though.

Dan

• Haha 1