Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Google makes its text-to-music AI public

Google makes its text-to-music AI public

"Google today released MusicLM, a new experimental AI tool that can turn text descriptions into music. Available in the AI Test Kitchen app on the web, Android or iOS, MusicLM lets users type in a prompt like “soulful jazz for a dinner party” or “create an industrial techno sound that is hypnotic” and have the tool create several versions of the song.

Users can specify instruments like “electronic” or “classical,” as well as the “vibe, mood, or emotion” they’re aiming for, as they refine their MusicLM-generated creations."

I am on the waitlist for the AI Test Kitchen so I haven't played with MusicLM yet.

It's coming for us all.

Michael

Montage 8, Logic Pro X, Omnisphere, Diva, Zebra 2, etc.

How about this... 

"Soulful pop music with a beautiful mesmerizing keyboard solo that sound greats in people's cars, phones, clubs and stadiums. The song has catchy, hypnotic lyrics that will convince millions of people to abandon Google and put them out of business."

• Haha 2

Some music I've recorded and played over the years with a few different bands

Tommy Rude Soundcloud

Please generate a catchy pop song in the genre of dance-pop, incorporating elements of synth-pop and blue-eyed soul.  It needs a distinctive drum beat that sets an energetic tone of the song. It should have at its basis components of synthesizers and strings to create a sense of anticipation that would meld with smooth and soulful vocals.

It should also be complemented by rhythmic guitar and occasional brass accents, adding depth and texture to the overall sound. Include some bright and shimmering arpeggios, pulsating chords, and melodic riffs making sure these electronic elements give the song a distinct '80s vibe.

• Like 1

J  a  z  z   P i a n o 8 8

--

Yamaha C7D

Montage M8x | CP300 | CP4 | SK1-73 | OB6 | Seven

K8.2 | 3300 | CPSv.3

1 hour ago, JazzPiano88 said:

Please generate a catchy pop song in the genre of dance-pop, incorporating elements of synth-pop and blue-eyed soul.  It needs a distinctive drum beat that sets an energetic tone of the song. It should have at its basis components of synthesizers and strings to create a sense of anticipation that would meld with smooth and soulful vocals.

It should also be complemented by rhythmic guitar and occasional brass accents, adding depth and texture to the overall sound. Include some bright and shimmering arpeggios, pulsating chords, and melodic riffs making sure these electronic elements give the song a distinct '80s vibe.

Ok if you include "...using exclusively analog Oberheim synthesizers with a sexy music video which stands the test of time."?

I tried it. If the sax player practiced a little more his improv would be pretty good - a little spastic at times.

I made a funky prompt and it fooled one of my friends.

• Wow! 1

Korg Kronos, Roland RD-88, Korg Kross, JP8000, MS2000, Sequential Pro One, Micromoog, Yamaha VL1, author of unrealBook for iPad.

On 5/12/2023 at 11:55 PM, TommyRude said:

How about this... 

"Soulful pop music with a beautiful mesmerizing keyboard solo that sound greats in people's cars, phones, clubs and stadiums. The song has catchy, hypnotic lyrics that will convince millions of people to abandon Google and put them out of business."

Ugh...  sounds like a fail to me.  Live human music makers, you're OK for now hahaha.  Note - music only, no lyrics/vocals.  I'm surprised the aforementioned instruction went through, but maybe I will now be targeted for extinction?

Tommy Rude Soundcloud

On 5/13/2023 at 12:08 PM, JazzPiano88 said:

here you go

Tommy Rude Soundcloud

On 5/13/2023 at 2:07 PM, o0Ampy0o said:

Ok if you include "...using exclusively analog Oberheim synthesizers with a sexy music video which stands the test of time."?

added your Oberheim instruction - doesn't sound any different to me - - they all sound the same, kind of a distant bland nothingburger

Tommy Rude Soundcloud

Here's another, with the following instruction...   "Light happy synth music". 

I guess it sounds light and synthy, but clearly AI does not know what happy is.  This sounds confused and scattered and, it's mostly minor keys!  I recall prior discussions about happy music v. sad music.  Sometimes sad music can sound happy and vv, but pretty sure Google Music AI has not figured that out.  Tell a robot to be happy and what does he do?  Starts randomly jumping around with angry crossed eyes.  

Tommy Rude Soundcloud

On 5/13/2023 at 2:08 PM, JazzPiano88 said:

I actually tried my description using my own GAN  (Generational Adversarial Network) Model.    I was totally knocked out as it came out nearly exactly as I would have envisioned :).  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

J  a  z  z   P i a n o 8 8

--

Yamaha C7D

Montage M8x | CP300 | CP4 | SK1-73 | OB6 | Seven

K8.2 | 3300 | CPSv.3

For some reason, my immediate reaction is to think of the humorous possibilities.  Like create a tune that combines Ornette Coleman with the Bee Gees.  

I'll probably experience horror later.

1 hour ago, JazzPiano88 said:

I actually tried my description using my own GAN  (Generational Adversarial Network) Model.    I was totally knocked out as it came out nearly exactly as I would have envisioned :).  

I knew this was a Rick Roll and pressed it anyway for the punchline.  Sometimes you have to play the straight man. 

• Like 2

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

Please create a crappy song that everyone loves and pays for, and ergo that pays me enough money so i can live comfortably in a villa on the coast in Portugal, making real music for my own enjoyment, whilst eating fine tapas, drinking finer wine, and enjoying the finest of women's companionship...

• Like 1