Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Keyboard/Bass Amp 500W with 2+ channels

For Synth Bass, I share a Fender Rumble 500W with a friend. I’ve loved it so much because of its tone and low weight that I want to get a second so we’re not negotiating custody. However, ideally it would be nice to have one with 2-3 channels for my main board.

I used to have a Roland KC550, and it sounded great but wow was it heavy! Are there any amps out there similar to a Rumble500 but with 2+ channels?

Otherwise I might just get another Rumble and use a small MOTU M2 as a line mixer.

Puck Funk! :)

Equipment: Laptop running lots of nerdy software, some keyboards, noise makersâ¦yada yada yadaâ¦maybe a cat?

i can walk hammond bass with my EV ELX112p.  If you have doubts they also make an ELX115p, that has a ridiculous amount of bass. 1000 watt and two inputs.  I've had mine for 6-7years, NEVER had a single issue and we play outdoors in 90+ degree heat.

57 Hammond B3; 69 Hammond L100P; 68 Leslie 122; Kurzweil Forte7 & PC3; M-Audio Code 61; Voce V5+; Neo Vent; EV ELX112P; GSI Gemini & Burn

Delaware Dave

Exit93band

I use one of these for pick-up gigs. Still rather heavy (49.4 lbs.) but according to my math 14.5 lbs. lighter than a KC-600 yet 12.9 lbs. heavier than the Fender Rumble. Not sure if it sounds better/worse than the other two, never tried either of them.

https://www.behringer.com/product.html?modelCode=P0AZY

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing."

- George Bernard Shaw

my bass player used a peavey 4x10 but got to be too heavy. he switched to a markbass 2x10 and the sound switched from a nice deep bass to a mid bass.  bottom end just not there.  Since he also runs through a FOH bass bin it works out for the crowd but on the stage the low bass is not the cabinet's strength.  But as the Peavey is so much heavier he'll never go back but there is a sound tradeoff for weight reduction..

57 Hammond B3; 69 Hammond L100P; 68 Leslie 122; Kurzweil Forte7 & PC3; M-Audio Code 61; Voce V5+; Neo Vent; EV ELX112P; GSI Gemini & Burn

Delaware Dave

Exit93band

Y'all are talking about the Markbass, but does that have 2 channels? I'm only seeing 1 input. My search is for a bass amp with 2 or more channels. Otherwise I'll just get a second Rumble to match the one I have.

• Like 1

Puck Funk! :)

Equipment: Laptop running lots of nerdy software, some keyboards, noise makersâ¦yada yada yadaâ¦maybe a cat?

12 hours ago, EricBarker said:

Y'all are talking about the Markbass, but does that have 2 channels? I'm only seeing 1 input. My search is for a bass amp with 2 or more channels.

(Sorry, just me doing my "thread derail" thing). I had reasonable results running keys through a Hartke bass amp (2x10in alumin[i]um speakers). But that was the old 1st-gen product. I don't know what their latest stuff is like. 

Thump 15 is nice for keys, that might be an option. A little heavier than the Rumble though...

Cheers, Mike.