Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Adhesive covering to protect speakers?

I have a new pair of powered speakers I use for keyboards, and I want to protect them (and my walls) from scuffs.  I previously used JBL floor monitors, which were covered in a durable felt, which really worked great.  I can't seem to find that material available anywhere, especially not self-adhesive, and I don't want to mess with adhesive spray.  (I'd rather not glue myself to a wall, for example.)

The best I can find is 1/16" felt, like this: https://www.amazon.com/ROLL-THICK-SELF-ADHESIVE-PROTECTIVE/dp/B00BCQS67U/

Of course, it'll be tricky to cover the corners, which are the parts that take (and give) the most abuse.

Has anyone tried this and have any advice, especially a better (thicker) material?  1/16" seems a bit thin.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Use the largest "stick on" feet you find at a Kroger's store or your favorite hardware store. 

Put 4 feet on each side, top and bottom and the back -20 feet per cabinet. If possible put feet on the front panel too, that would be 24 feet per cabinet. Done. Easy.

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

21 minutes ago, drand48a said:

That's an idea, thanks!  Not quite the look I'm going for, but definitely something to consider.

It's easy and fairly cheap. Also easily reversed. 

Covering cabinets is more difficult than it appears, don't ask me how I know this!!! 

On 5/9/2023 at 8:47 PM, Jr. Deluxe said:

Spray on rubber bed liner. About 7 bucks a can at Harbour freight.  Not removable but easy to touch up .

According to this, they can all be removed with acetone.  But for best results I'd need to scuff the original finish, so it's not exactly reversible.  I might try it without scuffing.

1 hour ago, drand48a said:

According to this, they can all be removed with acetone.  But for best results I'd need to scuff the original finish, so it's not exactly reversible.  I might try it without scuffing.

You really don't want anything to do with acetone. It is extremely toxic and evaporates at fairly low temperatures. 

Full protective gear in a wide open well=ventilated space is a requirement.