Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Charlie Watts / Throat Cancer

Charlie Watts has throat cancer, but they say he should recover.

CNN Page

The Rolling Stones' 63-year-old drummer Charlie Watts is suffering from throat cancer but should recover after radiotherapy, a band spokesman said Saturday.

Watts was diagnosed in June after a minor operation and is now reaching the end of his treatment at a London hospital, the spokesman said in a statement to British media.

"He's expected to make a full recovery and start work with the rest of the band later in the year," he added.

- Jeff

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I sincerely hope everything turns out all right for Charlie. Everything I've seen about him indicates that he is a class act as well as a great musician. Ask Keith Richards and he'll tell you that Charlie Watts is the heart of the Stones. My favorite Charlie story describes a time when Mick Jagger barged into Charlie's hotel room at some ungodly hour, accompanied by a journalist, and arrogantly proclaimed, "This is my drummer." The usually reserved Mr. Watts knocked Jagger on his ass saying, "Fuck you; you're my singer!" God bless and get well soon, Mr. Watts.

Archived