Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: Anyone remember reading this text?

This is driving me nuts, it must have been about 5 years that I read this, and I am trying to get a hold of it now...

I don't remember much about it. It basically described how in life you develop different levels of friendship, some last a few months, some a few years, and some a lifetime. And each level has an importance of their own, but they are meant to last what they do, and you have to let it go at the end.

At the time I thought the text hit some interesting points. I'm not much into the whole self-help psychobabble, but once in a while I read something that makes me think a bit, and this was one of them - or at least I remember it being.

I have a friend who's going thru a hard time right now, things going wrong, her family moved around a lot and she feels she has trouble making new friends, keeping in touch with old ones... and I wanted to share this with her.

Long shot, but what the hell....

Korg Kronos X73 / ARP Odyssey / Motif ES Rack / Roland D-05 / JP-08 / SE-05 / Jupiter Xm / Novation Mininova / NL2X / Waldorf Pulse II

MBP-LOGIC

American Deluxe P-Bass, Yamaha RBX760

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems to me, I remember something about "a reason, a season, and a lifetime"...in other words, some friends just come into your life temporarily...like a wonderful nurse who cheers you up through surgery. Others stay longer...friends you keep while you live in a certain area...and although they're wonderful people, if you move away, you don't stay in touch. The last category are the lifelong friends.

Yeah, I remember that.

"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

People come into your life for a reason, a season, or a lifetime. When you figure out which it is, you know exactly what to do.

When someone is in your life for a REASON, it is usually to meet a need you have expressed outwardly or inwardly. They have come to assist you through a difficulty, to provide you with guidance and support, to aid you physically, emotionally, or spiritually. They may seem like a godsend, and they are. They are there for the reason you need them to be. Then, without any wrong doing on your part or at an inconvenient time, this person will say or do something to bring the relationship to an end. Sometimes they die. Sometimes they walk away. Sometimes they act up or out and force you to take a stand. What we must realize is that our need has been met, our desire fulfilled; their work is done. The prayer you sent up has been answered and it is now time to move on.

When people come into your life for a SEASON, it is because your turn has come to share, grow, or learn. They may bring you an experience of peace or make you laugh. They may teach you something you have never done. They usually give you an unbelievable amount of joy. Believe it! It is real! But, only for a season.

LIFETIME relationships teach you lifetime lessons; those things you must build upon in order to have a solid emotional foundation. Your job is to accept the lesson, love the person/people (anyway); and put what you have learned to use in all other relationships and areas of your life. It is said that love is blind but friendship is clairvoyant.

"For instance" is not proof.

09, Thank you very much! This was it. :wave:

Korg Kronos X73 / ARP Odyssey / Motif ES Rack / Roland D-05 / JP-08 / SE-05 / Jupiter Xm / Novation Mininova / NL2X / Waldorf Pulse II

MBP-LOGIC

Originally posted by zeronyne:

People come into your life for a reason, a season, or a lifetime. When you figure out which it is, you know exactly what to do.

When someone is in your life for a REASON, it is usually to meet a need you have expressed outwardly or inwardly. They have come to assist you through a difficulty, to provide you with guidance and support, to aid you physically, emotionally, or spiritually. They may seem like a godsend, and they are. They are there for the reason you need them to be. Then, without any wrong doing on your part or at an inconvenient time, this person will say or do something to bring the relationship to an end. Sometimes they die. Sometimes they walk away. Sometimes they act up or out and force you to take a stand. What we must realize is that our need has been met, our desire fulfilled; their work is done. The prayer you sent up has been answered and it is now time to move on.

When people come into your life for a SEASON, it is because your turn has come to share, grow, or learn. They may bring you an experience of peace or make you laugh. They may teach you something you have never done. They usually give you an unbelievable amount of joy. Believe it! It is real! But, only for a season.

LIFETIME relationships teach you lifetime lessons; those things you must build upon in order to have a solid emotional foundation. Your job is to accept the lesson, love the person/people (anyway); and put what you have learned to use in all other relationships and areas of your life. It is said that love is blind but friendship is clairvoyant.

So, did you write this or where did it come from? Thanks.

> > > [ Live! ] < < <

Originally posted by Dave Bryce:

Paste the first sentence into the search field, and there it is... :thu:

dB

Google is great - the problem is I couldn't even remember the keywords to search by.

;)

MBP-LOGIC

Archived