Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Does anyone here own a Crosley record player?

Crosley has always been known for being an innovator in the field of record players and jukeboxes. 

Crosley Radio is an audio electronic manufacturing company headquartered in Louisville, Kentucky. It is a modern incarnation of the original Crosley Corporation which existed from 1921 to 1956. Modern Marketing Concepts resurrected the Crosley name after the original brand was discontinued by parent company Avco in 1956, due to declining sales. The modern Crosley first marketed turntables in 1992. Today, Crosley is a marketer of turntables, as well as radios and jukeboxes.

In 2017, Crosley introduced the 'Vinyl Rocket' – not only the first vinyl jukebox in its catalog but also the "world's only vinyl jukebox in current production". The machine holds up to 70 seven-inch records and can play both A and B sides thanks to what the company calls a “unique rotating vinyl mechanism” for a total of 140 possible selections. 

I have owned quite a few Crosley turntables myself. One of them my mom bought at a Goodwill store in 2018--it was previously used, and worked well. They tend to play at too high of a speed, which means that they play at a faster sounding speed than my Audio Technica record player I currently own. It worked for about 3 years, but at some point it stopped working properly and was subsequently thrown out. My sister recently bought a Crosley turntable (Bluetooth equipped) for $39.99 at a Hobby Lobby, and it works great. She really loves how it has full sound quality, and it is perfect for parties. It even plays at the right speed!

So, if any of you like Crosley turntables, please let me know.

Did not know they are based in Louisville. I won one at Gearfest a few years ago. Gave it to my great-nephew. Got a second for my great-niece. For Christmas I got the Crosley CR42D-PA Lancaster 3-Speed Turntable with Radio, CD/Cassette Player, Aux-in and Bluetooth. A lot of play for the price. I’m sure these budget players have gotten a lot of kids into collecting records.

• Like 1

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

I was at a furniture and appliance store in Beaufort, SC today. They had Crosley electric and gas ranges, washers and dryers, and refrigerators. On the Crosley website there are some vintage ads showing refrigerators as well as radios and other items.

https://www.crosley.com

Gibson G101, Fender Rhodes Piano Bass, Vox Continental, RMI Electra-Piano and Harpsichord 300A, Hammond M102A, Hohner Combo Pianet, OB8, Matrix 12, Jupiter 6, Prophet 5 rev. 2, Pro-One, CS70M, CP35, PX-5S, WK-3800, Stage 3 Compact

I just got this Crosley stand today. The record storage feature was a big factor in the decision as I have over 600 albums. Holds  an Audio-Technica turntable and Sherwood receiver nicely. Will need to get stands for my Wharfdale speakers.

spacer.png

• Like 1

Gibson G101, Fender Rhodes Piano Bass, Vox Continental, RMI Electra-Piano and Harpsichord 300A, Hammond M102A, Hohner Combo Pianet, OB8, Matrix 12, Jupiter 6, Prophet 5 rev. 2, Pro-One, CS70M, CP35, PX-5S, WK-3800, Stage 3 Compact

My daughters each bought one from Urban Outfitters. They are terrible, but I think they are just licensed from the cheapest Chinese Manufacturer they can find for this model line. I was surprised because I am aware of their historical standing. 

• Like 1

"For instance" is not proof.

On 4/13/2023 at 9:47 AM, zeronyne said:

My daughters each bought one from Urban Outfitters. They are terrible, but I think they are just licensed from the cheapest Chinese Manufacturer they can find for this model line. I was surprised because I am aware of their historical standing. 

I remember being at a party a few years ago with non-musician friends (but still mostly artists...) and the host was extolling the virtues of his Crosley self-contained model... the record was skipping as he was talking about it. No one seemed to notice. Idk, it was a weird/sad moment for me.

• 11 months later...