Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

SWAM Saxophone iPad app. Anybody use?

I use the SWAM sax (tenor) but not to the point where I'd gig with it.  As others have mentioned, it only shines when you're controlling a minimum of three parameters.  I use an old iPhone and XYZ controller software via bluetooth midi.  Fiddly stuff.

Sonically, it shines.  Even if you can't do full parameter control, you can dial up some nice presets and use pitch bend/mod wheel/aftertouch to get close.  It really sounds like a well-recorded sax, or enough to fool most ears.  My playing technique, however, could use some practice.

If I ever get enough courage to gig with it, I'd spring for the sax bundle as they are all good in their own way.

• Like 1

Want to make your band better?  Check out "A Guide To Starting (Or Improving!) Your Own Local Band"

I have gigged with SWAM saxes controlled by a Nord Stage 3 Compact, so similar sentiments to Chuck above.

I have Alto and Tenor saxes, trumpet and flute apps.

I think sonically they work well in a rock band context, I'm just not thrilled to use an iPad in a setup that already has two boards, so it was a nice trial, but not necessarily worth the effort to make it my standard setup.

Yamaha U1 Upright, Roland Fantom 8, Nord Stage 4 HA73, Nord Wave 2, Korg Nautilus 73, Viscount Legend Live, Lots of Mainstage/VST Libraries

I gig with Swam Tenor Sax on a regular basis. I use a BC3 breath controller with it. I cover Sax parts and also do some soloing with it. With a little practice it sounds pretty convincing. I have both the Mac and iPad versions. Highly recommend.