Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Please help! Lost all data in hammond xk-1 after changing battery.

Hello.🙋 Can someone please HELP me about my Hammond XK-1?🙏 I replaced the battery and the keys have probably lost all settings and don't play at all. Only the display is lit and after trying to reset (holding rec/jump + power on), nothing appeared. Is there no other solution, or does anyone have a sysex file I can upload via computer/midi? I'm unhappy about this and would hate for them to be non-functional. THANKS A LOT!!!🙏🙏🙏

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when i had my XM2 module (xk1 in a rack) i replaced the battery. I had the replacement battery ready to go and swapped the batteries in a matter of seconds (3 at the most).  i lost nothing in the process.  sounds like your battery swap wasnt quick and you may have lost the presets stored.  not sure why though that the keyboard doesnt work at all as it should.  probably need to contact a service center as previously recommended by someone else. 

57 Hammond B3; 69 Hammond L100P; 68 Leslie 122; Kurzweil Forte7 & PC3; M-Audio Code 61; Voce V5+; Neo Vent; EV ELX112P; GSI Gemini & Burn

Delaware Dave

Exit93band

Make sure the battery is in the correct orientation. Batteries are DC (direct current which means one end is positive (+) and the other is negative (-).

I wouldn't say something this incredibly simple except I am guilty as charged (ha! battery pun!!) and no damage was done. When I flipped the battery, the item in question worked as it should. 

So at the very least, double check your work. Good luck!!! 

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.