Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Who is hitting the last Phish shows?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by jmitch:

Not me. I wonder if anyone even likes Phish in the least bit, here.

I'm pretty sure I laid that concern to rest with my initial post. ;)

Any musician would respect Phish, even if it isn't their cup of tea.

I am going. I pick up my RV in PA on wednsday afternoon. It will be my 100 and 101 shows. Our vehicle is still short a ticket (4 of 5 is pretty good) so if you arent going and have a ticket, I would love to take it off your hands

Frost

Originally posted by Sunny.:

Originally posted by jmitch:

Not me. I wonder if anyone even likes Phish in the least bit, here.

I'm pretty sure I laid that concern to rest with my initial post. ;)

Any musician would respect Phish, even if it isn't their cup of tea.

Yeah, your right. You did. Plus, I like Phish.
Think Different.

A close buddy of mine is going - he can't wait!!

Personally, I'm OK with Phish. But I'm far from what you'd call a fan. I'm happy for the fans who are getting to go, though. Except now the rest of us will have to listen to how cool the concert was (provided they remember it :D ) for a long, long time.....

Cheers!

Spencer

"I prefer to beat my opponents the old-fashioned way....BRUTALLY!!!!"

Originally posted by Sunny.:

Originally posted by Stephen LeBlanc:

no thanks

Why is that? They are right up your alley. Just curious :)
I've checked them out...Trey can play guitar, I just don't enjoy the music they make. It's boring to me. Maybe my music is boring too...I don't know, I just know I don't enjoy Phish.

http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/otn/confused/shrug03.gif

"I never knew hippies liked to riot until Phish played Red Rocks."

Well, I was at that show and the "riot" was pretty small. A girl was hit by a car (drunk driver) and badly injured. Her boyfriend kicked in the door of the car and was arrested. People felt he had at least a little right to be pissed (his girl was in critical condition). Police arrested him. Someone threw a bottle at the arresting police car (that was a bad idea) police reacted by mace'ing a crowd of nearby people then called in the national guard with M16's. It was a hippie overreacts turned into a redneck police officer waaay overreacting problem.

This is not the norm for phish, or their crowds. I have seen worse at several baseball games and football games and countless bars.

Frost

he late-night melee was the culmination of two days of tension and apprehension that had built as thousands of itinerant fans of the band Phish flooded the town for a series of concerts at nearby Red Rocks.

Most didn't have tickets, and few had more than a car or campground to stay in. Many set up shop on the streets of Morrison. It was a generation gap in the making.

"There's just too many young people in too small a town," said Carl Boynton, mayor pro-tem of Morrison. "The kids are effectively shutting the town down."

The boiling point came about 8:30 p.m., when a man driving a truck hit a woman crossing Bear Creek Road. Witnesses said the kids surrounded the woman and one young man kicked the truck. The stories diverge there.

"The crowd started rushing the officers, and quite a few bottles were thrown," said Morrison Police Sgt. Murray Goldberg. "The crowd became ruder, and fights broke out."

Officers from several jurisdictions begin pouring in.

"The kids didn't start the riot, the police did," insisted Joey, 19, of Indiana who also wouldn't give his last name.

Police told local businesses to close down after the incident occurred. David McCleve, who was working at the Bradley Sinclair service station, said police came to the shop and said, "It was going to get bad."

By 11:30 p.m. police started letting groups of five young people through their barricade. The crowd started to disperse.

"What are we going to do, hit them with our tie-dyes?" John Zoe, a 20-year-old from Indianapolis, said sarcastically.

Fans had come by the hundreds from across the nation looking for a miracle - a free ticket to the show of their dreams.

But miracles, and tickets, were hard to come by. "There aren't any tickets," King said. Between 200 and 300 Phish fans, most in their late teens and early 20s, are camped in an empty lot close to C-470 near Bandimere Speedway, the latest stop as they follow the band's tour.

Sorry, I just don't dig the freeloading hippy crowd.

"Heeeeey maaan, can you spot me a couple of bucks for gas money, duuude?"

"How about I fill your tank so you can get the fuck out of here?"

Amateur Hack

No one likes a begger, Lots of phish fans (like me) make a lot of money and take care of ourselves. With a crowd of 20-50,000 there will always be bad apples. Most big concerts will have the same problem. Morrison has seen a scene like this time and time again. they are a town of 500 next to a venue for 13,000. It happens over and over again every summer. Residents should be used to having a town full of outsiders or they should leave. Im sure the business owners like the income these concerts bring every summer. I stand by my statement that I have seen far more people take care of eachother and those around them in a positive way and far less fighting, bottle throwing, and problems at phish shows than at baseball games, football games or bars Ive been to.

Frost

Originally posted by Frost:

"I never knew hippies liked to riot until Phish played Red Rocks."

Well, I was at that show and the "riot" was pretty small. A girl was hit by a car (drunk driver) and badly injured. Her boyfriend kicked in the door of the car and was arrested. People felt he had at least a little right to be pissed (his girl was in critical condition). Police arrested him.

Who's going to sit here and tell me they wouldn't do the same thing. I sure would. Actually, I probably would have kicked a lot more than his door...

Phish played an absolutely KICK ASS show tonight. They practically melted my face off. The crowd was wonderful and really into the music. Great vibe, can't wait for tomorrow.

Archived