Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Tonight’s dinner was shrimp over cavitappi with a modified creamy scampi sauce.

9lEMXHe.jpeg

I sautéed a large yellow onion, one bunch of green onion, a head of garlic (minced) in butter and EVOO.  The rest of the sauce was a mix of chardonnay, lemon juice, clam juice, a little of the pasta water and shredded parrano cheese. 

Seasonings were salt, white pepper, parsley and chive.

The pasta was folded into the sauce while it was boiling.  The last step: the raw, peeled shrimp were tossed in the pot with everything else & mixed in thoroughly. The pot was turned off and covered; the shrimp poached in that heat.

Results were very good, but there was still room for improvement.  I used parrano out of necessity- a good parmesan replacing 50-100% if it would have been better.  The dish could have supported more garlic, and I’m leaning towards at least SOME of it being roasted whole cloves the next time.   Mom- not usually a fan of mushrooms- also agreed that some slivered, sautéed white or portobellos would also make a good addition.  Finally, adding some lightly sautéed or roasted broccoli florets would have been a nice addition for flavor, color, texture, nutrition…and sauce absorption.

• Like 2

Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: âNinety percent of everything is crapâ

My FLMS- Murphy's Music in Irving, Tx

http://murphysmusictx.com/