Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT-Man, I'm not doing so good

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by TheWewus:

Originally posted by ricknbokkerv2.0:

Yep. Cheesesteaks.

Sorry to hear you're down, Mr Wewus.

Btw... if K of P in in northwest Philly now, we're all in trouble.

I can see it now.... drive-by's on the Blue Route.

Ricky

See, I don't even know where I'm going. The piano store I'm working out of is in Conshohocken, and I'm living near Pottstown. Isn't that Northwest Philly?
K of P is NW of Philly. Technically, NW Philly is Roxborough/Manayunk and Chestnut Hill. Right outside the city limits is Andorra, Plymoth-Whitemarsh, Conshi, Norristown, then further out in the same direction is King of Prussia, Valley Forge and then northern Chester county and southern Montgomery county.

Philadelphia is sometimes called a "city of neighborhoods" and that pretty much extends to much of the suburbs.

I take it you found a place then, Steve? If you are living near Pottstown, then you will be driving through the 202-422 interchange to get to work. That interchange is a bee-otch at rush hour. I think there are some back way alternetives, though.

I really don't know what to put here.

posted by Wewus:

The piano store I'm working out of is in Conshohocken, and I'm living near Pottstown. Isn't that Northwest Philly?

Sorry to inform you, good brother, but...

...f&ck, no.

They got you out in KKK Kountry.

That's not Philly, dude.

WTF???

Vaya con Dios, baby.

Eric Vincent (ASCAP)

www.curvedominant.com

It's true that there are few Internet friendships that become close and lasting friendships offline. However, that shouldn't negate the real bonds that do exist online. I don't see it as an all or nothing thing. For example, when Henry Robinett and aeon said goodbye to these forums recently, I didn't feel the same sorrow I would as if one of my best friends moved away. On the other hand, they were two of my favorite forum members; and I was sad to lose them. I still think about them from time to time and hope they're well.

Steve, I'm sure many people here do care about you; and you can count me among them. I'm sorry I didn't get to meet you while you were out here, and I was disappointed that you didn't make it to the NAMM dinner. I don't know if that's enough, but it's something.

Think of it this way, what you lose in quality, you make up for in quantity when it comes to online acquaintances.

I hope you feel better soon and find Philadelphia to be just the ticket! :thu:

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

Steve,

I speak to you as a fellow keyboard-playing Steve. For the record, I really wanted to meet you when you were out here, but you moved back before I was able to get off my workaholic butt and do so. I'm not trying to be patronizing here; I genuinely do feel like I missed out.

OK, there is no way for text on a screen to make you believe this, but I have a strong sense of exactly what you're feeling right now. Something about the way you put it, maybe, connects to stuff I've had to overcome, and still battle. Listen. This sort of self-pity and self-loathing is powerful stuff, and it's the enemy. It wants to prevent you from getting what you really deserve in life so it can go "See!" Don't let it. Appeasement is a terrible policy with demons... the f****ers have no common courtesy, and will give you nothing back in return for your letting them be right.

PM me anytime, bro.

Stephen Fortner

Principal, Fortner Media

Former Editor in Chief, Keyboard Magazine

Digital Piano Consultant, Piano Buyer Magazine

Industry affiliations: Antares, Arturia, Giles Communications, MS Media, Polyverse

Originally posted by Curve Dominant:

posted by Wewus:

The piano store I'm working out of is in Conshohocken, and I'm living near Pottstown. Isn't that Northwest Philly?

Sorry to inform you, good brother, but...

...f&ck, no.

They got you out in KKK Kountry.

That's not Philly, dude.

WTF???

Vaya con Dios, baby.

It's been my experience that any Pennsylvanian living within a 200 mile radius of Philladelphia claims to be from Philly.

I lived up in Lewistown, more than 3 hours away, but it was really just a Philly suburb :cool:

*Howard Zinn for President*

**Pilsner Urquell for President of Beers!**

Originally posted by Stephen Fortner:

Listen. This sort of self-pity and self-loathing is powerful stuff, and it's the enemy. It wants to prevent you from getting what you really deserve in life so it can go "See!" Don't let it. Appeasement is a terrible policy with demons... the f****ers have no common courtesy, and will give you nothing back in return for your letting them be right.

:thu:

words of wisdom

:)

Archived