Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT-Man, I'm not doing so good

Fuck....I guess I'm depressed.......or something. I'm supposed to move to Philadelphia in two weeks, and I am so not ready for that.

You know what really bummes me out? Lee Flier. I really like her, as a musician, and a person, and a woman, and she acts like I don't even exist. That hurts....... but what the hay? Shit....I'm going back to sleep. I forget what I'm supposed to be doing. Fuck it.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I also e-mailed Erik about two or three weeks ago, and same thing, no response at all, as with Lee. So it's like.....yeah you're on your own, we can chat online, and everything but when it comes down to it, you are on your own.

Same way it was in California. I lived there for almost 4 months and I got to meet Phil and Sandy, who out of mercy invited me to Thanksgiving dinner. I also met Lampson, who I didn't know before I got to California, and I got a great PM from Doug Osborne, but all the other people I met here online, just ignored me.

Lee comes out for the weekend and everybody is all there...... but not for me, at all. Poor Wewus, yeah fuck it. I know who my real friends are.

Hey Philadelphia is pretty cool actually. "It's a nice place to live, but I wouldn't want to visit there." I'm serious. It lives in the shadow of New York, which is only 90 miles away on the Jersey turnpike, and it's not long to get to the Jersey shore in the summer. A lot of center city has been pretty cleaned up, some good restaurants and clubs. Good museums, too. It's one of the better-kept secrets of where to live, right up there with Cleveland (I'm not kidding about that, either).

I know I may just be a cat, but I think that some people just want to keep a boundary between their on-line socialization and their everything-else socialization.

When the boundary is crossed, it seems to me that it's most often crossed with people whose identities are well-documented off line. For example, everyone here knows who Craig is, so everyone would be very comfortable meeting him or having him perform some sort of invasive surgical procedure on their progeny (well, you know what I mean). Same with Lee. Same with Tedster.

But for folks like us, a mercurial cat and a wayward wewus, there's less real information that other people have to grab onto.

FWIW, I therefore don't think it's a matter of "real friends" as much as it's a matter of a relationship, as Craig observed, with an evolving piece of performance art.

Anyways, where's Hanshannagin when you need him?!

Hanshannagin? Hanshannagin?

Dr. Bombay? Dr. Bombay?

Hello... Dr. Bombay???

:wave:

Dooby Dooby Doo

Suck it up. First, there are worse things than moving to Philly. I mean, there are some cool peeps up here and you can come down to my place and jam or record anytime you want. Plus, THINK OF THE CHEESESTEAKS!

As for Lee, my best advice to get noticed by her is to learn how to play bass and drums at the same time. If you did that I don't think that we could stop her from kidnapping you and making you her personal love slave/back up band.

One word of advice, though. If you do start dating Lee, just don't spend too much time talking about the LP goldtop, she might think you are just after her for her guitar.

Cheer up. It could be worse. You could have just been kicked in the shin by a 4 year old.

I really don't know what to put here.

I would like to meet you Christina. I'm sure your boyfriend would love that. :D So.....that's not going to work...I'm going back to sleep...again.

Thanks Sylver, Craig, Cat. I'm moving to The Northwest part of Philly, Gator, KOP area, but I'll be doing service calls all over the city.

I got to meet Phil and Sandy, who out of mercy invited me to Thanksgiving dinner.

It wasn't out of mercy - we were going to have you tune our piano... but since it's a Kurzweil SP88, we didn't want to insult you. ;)

Seriously, you're always welcome in our home. :wave:

OT? I thought WeWus WaS the topic!

Take it easy on Lee- I know she seems like Pallas Athena with a Goldtop, but she has real trouble dragging herself around lotsa days too.

Me too.

I suggest crankin' up some just-beyond-the-blues and finding the joy that knows pain and loves it.

A WOP BOP A LU BOP, A LOP BAM BOOM!

"There is nothing I regret so much as my good behavior. What demon possessed me that I behaved so well?" -Henry David Thoreau

Don't be so down Wewus. Get out of bed!!! Also, you can't cry on this forum because there are so many of us cryers that it would be some kind of contest!

I did not realize you were "unattached" and feeling down or I would have tried to be nicer to you.

You get to move to Philly?!!!!. Wow, wish I was moving to Philly. Try moving to Bismarck, ND once. Just see how happy you are. You don't have to worry about friends here because there aren't enough people for everyone to have a friend. :D

bbach

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

I'm at the end of a phone if you need to talk?

I'm not Lee and I don't own a LP though.

"That's what the internet is for. Slandering others anonymously." - Banky Edwards.

Originally posted by ricknbokkerv2.0:

Yep. Cheesesteaks.

Sorry to hear you're down, Mr Wewus.

Btw... if K of P in in northwest Philly now, we're all in trouble.

I can see it now.... drive-by's on the Blue Route.

Ricky

See, I don't even know where I'm going. The piano store I'm working out of is in Conshohocken, and I'm living near Pottstown. Isn't that Northwest Philly?

Well I guess I'm over the fact that some of the people I care most about at MusicPlayer, couldn't care less about me. Cool thing is that Program Girl is possibly a nymphomaniac, and I might be able to work something out there. Fact is, I do need a new woman.

Thanks Bill, and Ted, for your messages.

Hey Weewus, you bitch! :evil:

You mean people totally ignore your PM's like you ignore mine? I thought I'd at least get to meet the legendary dolphin in a man suit before he moved away, but I'm going back to G-town this weekend (for good) and saying "Fuck the Charlotte-Metro-University area!". :evil: Charlotte sucks!! :mad:

Today was the last time I'll ever travel that asshole-infested stretch of highway known as I-77 at 3:00 pm. :) yeah!

BlueStrat

a.k.a. "El Guapo" ;)

...Better fuzz through science...

http://geocities.com/teleman28056/index.html

The correct spelling is biatch I think. Man.....I don't know, might still have to do a Charlotte MusicPlayer event. Shit man, I'm going to be back and forth down here, for a good while. I've got too many ties to this area to just pick up and never come back.

I'm sorry if you're feelin' bad Wewus. I just moved and am still moving and it's a definite high-stress thing to do.

It's hard to tell when you're being serious and when you're joking. :confused:

Why are you moving to Philly? I had a buddy at UPenn 15 years ago and we had great times there. Lotsa hardcore people in Philly though. Be careful. My first memory of Philly was my bro and I going to see Boston (the band) at the Spectrum in 1987, July. Great show. Anyhow, there was a boxing/fist fight goin' on in the parking lot that scared the shit out me and then we noticed after the show that our rear license plate had been used as a beer coaster for some decadent Boston fans somewhere along the line.

Wee, don't be bummed; we're all still here, ya know? As for Philly, I did a job in Bryn Mawr (close by) in the area they call the Mainline, it's a very cool place and I've been everywhere...and where else are you gonna find a town named, 'King of Prussia'?

Matt

In two days, it won't matter.

Originally posted by TheWewus:

The correct spelling is biatch I think. Man.....I don't know, might still have to do a Charlotte MusicPlayer event. Shit man, I'm going to be back and forth down here, for a good while. I've got too many ties to this area to just pick up and never come back.

We were talking about having a south eastern US get together over on the Guitar forum, maybe in Atlanta (hint,hint). I don't know what the official word is on that yet, but I've got my ears open...

BlueStrat

a.k.a. "El Guapo" ;)

...Better fuzz through science...

http://geocities.com/teleman28056/index.html

Guys, should we tell Steve about the acoustic ballad Lee played at the picnic that she dedicated to "theWewus", where she broke down in tears before she could finish? Nah, I didn't think we should. At least everyone had the decency not to photograph it. That was pretty heart-wrenching... :(

Botch

"Eccentric language often is symptomatic of peculiar thinking" - George Will

www.puddlestone.net

It's no wonder that nobody can tell if I'm kidding or not, because I can't even tell if I'm kidding or not anymore. Hi, I'm Steve, I'm a psycho. Or am I? Wanta hear me do some funny voices, because I can. I now officially hate you Lee!

Originally posted by Hippie:

Wee, don't be bummed; we're all still here, ya know? As for Philly, I did a job in Bryn Mawr (close by) in the area they call the Mainline, it's a very cool place and I've been everywhere...and where else are you gonna find a town named, 'King of Prussia'?

Matt

Yeah Matt, what a fucked up name for a town. What the hell were they drinking when they named that? King Of Prussia? Exsqueeze me? How about we name our town Mayor Of London, or Governor Of California?

Originally posted by Botch.:

Guys, should we tell Steve about the acoustic ballad Lee played at the picnic that she dedicated to "theWewus", where she broke down in tears before she could finish? Nah, I didn't think we should. At least everyone had the decency not to photograph it. That was pretty heart-wrenching... :(

I hate you Botch.

Originally posted by Ted Nightshade:

OT? I thought WeWus WaS the topic!

Take it easy on Lee- I know she seems like Pallas Athena with a Goldtop, but she has real trouble dragging herself around lotsa days too.

Me too.

I suggest crankin' up some just-beyond-the-blues and finding the joy that knows pain and loves it.

I like the way you said that Ted. Did I already say this? You're almost as crazy as I am. I think you're cool, too bad you're not a woman. Or are you?

Archived