Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT - Do U save things like elastics?

This is a soccer-size ball of ties my local supermarket uses to bunch lettuce. They just stopped using them, so I guess this is as big as it will ever get. These ties work like Velcro and I also have used them for years to tie cables, etc.

This is the result of more than 20 years of eating lettuce.

image.thumb.png.dbb6280f1897e15dd85bbf5c3b2ab5b7.png

• Wow! 1

AvantGrand N2 | ES520 | Gallien-Krueger MK & MP | https://soundcloud.com/pete36251

How many call them elastic and not rubber bands.     

I never heard the term elastics until I moved to Boston.  Also they called soft drinks tonic and milkshakes frappes.   They weirdest was in Boston Chinese restaurant served dinner rolls with your meal and some super sweet thing called Duck Sauce they poured over everything.   So is elastics a British term for rubber bands?

Ummm....dare I say it: I save weird stuff. 

I am saving twist-ties I get when I go to the grocery store and put my fruit and veggies in plastic bags.  I reuse them when I am putting my leftovers in plastic bags.  I sometimes use them to coil cables in my studio.  I've been saving those little white plastic clips that come with store-bought bread.  I can't tell you why I have been saving those - but there is a pile of them on my kitchen counter.

I collect and save piano sheet music.  I know have much more sheet music than enough remaining time in my life to play it all.

I used to save pennies I found on the ground.  I got sick of looking at the large pile of pennies on my desk, so I turn them in at the bank and got over $70.

1 hour ago, JamPro said:

I've been saving those little white plastic clips that come with store-bought bread.  I can't tell you why I have been saving those - but there is a pile of them on my kitchen counter.

Label them with channel numbers and snap them onto cables.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, o0Ampy0o said:

Rubber deteriorates Rubber bands are not that commonly used here. I keep them but have found other things more suitable for same purpose and the bands usually have become brittle and broken up when I go to reuse one..  

Google brings up rubber bands using "elastics"

Yeah, you can't save rubber bands, but they do make cool rubber balls. I actually, named this thread, hoping some ppl some pics of things they saved into globes.

AvantGrand N2 | ES520 | Gallien-Krueger MK & MP | https://soundcloud.com/pete36251

Dandelions contain latex also. Who knew?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natural_rubber

When the Rolling Stones wrote that song, was there a hidden message?

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager