Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Noticable, distinguishing executions between performers Projective Amplitudes; on keys:::

On 1/17/2023 at 2:21 AM, smølense auTamper mountain said:

All I can do is commend you, at this point, for your experience with the 'horn' called a euphonium -- the miniaturized`, baratone-tuba resemblant instrument {I presume}.

It's a distinctly different implication, which I had intended to reference.

I've always enjoyed the tone of a baritone tuba~ for whatever that might be worth; not to discredit the tenacity of that instrument...

The Euphonium was not a miniaturization of the tuba. It only appears so if one has a tuba-centric bias or an orchestra-centric bias.

The Tuba and the Euphonium were invented about the same time for the same purpose. They were part of a mobile brass instrument family for the military bands  of the weak but rising German Confederation of States in the early 1800s. This confederation was a vestigial descendant of the Holy Roman Empire. Both instruments were valve based miniaturizations of the earlier Ophicleide and Serpent, which had tone-holes for pitch. That the Tuba found a seat in the modern Orchestra and the Euphonium didn't, can be be partly traced to competition in the same tenor range from the Euphonium's near cousin; the Trombone is a descendant of the slide-based Sackbutt.

That the modern symphonic orchestra has picked winners and losers is important but not overwhelmingly so. We see clarinets and oboes in the orchestra but not the immensely versatile saxophone which is only invited for special occasions. Even so for the Euphonium. The versatile keyboard is not welcome in the modern orchestra either except as an occasional soloist or timbral accent. It's heritage is more recent and as you point out it utilizes indirect technologies such as the Industrial Age lever. The Industrial Age lever was also useful to extend the range and playability of previously tone-hole based woodwinds. But it was central to the piano and organ. Rejected by the orchestra, the pianoforte began to replace the orchestra occasionally in homes and concert halls. The organ created a comfortable seat for itself in churches.

Recent technology does not mean bad, except to the most narrow minds. Nor should acceptance in the modern European Orchestra define good. Rejected instruments have created their own compelling musics and are more than welcome in other idioms.

This brings me to our newest instrument (the synthesizer, digital signal processing and computer intelligence). It's such a new confluence of technologies that it hasn't really been invented yet. You can see it taking shape in many seemingly unrelated experiments occurring in front of our eyes. Little bits of this emerging musical genius have been glimpsed, say in the form of a moog bass or a sequenced arpeggiation or in aleatoric electronic music. But it's more important than that. We humans are pregnant with an enfant terrible which could change our definition of music again. This unborn giant may be better at getting music out of our aspirations and into reality than anything we have seen before, because it will potentially understand our emotions, hear our heartbeat and sense our breathing in a real time loop of responsiveness. Scary yet cool. The orchestra and orchestral literature may have yet more competition soon. We shall see.

• Like 1

I think he's running his text thru the Retro Encabulator.

However, I think the two spurving bearings are not aligned, so side fumbling of the panametric fam is NOT being prevented.   Unfortunately, the Lotus O-Deltoid method has broken down, so he's getting capacitive deractance.

The result is what you see here in the odd final translation.

• Like 1

David

Gig Rig:Depends on the day :thu:

I picked up the 'minor 4th' comment somewhere back in the slurry, and so my Osmose observation was only partly in jest.  Perhaps euphoniumistically appropriate bends can be achieved on this new frontier of digital keyboard renderings. If not, folding the 'minor 4th' into a French Augmented 6th chord should work well on a conventional keyboard instrument, with little to no additional expense.  A basic major triad would also work just fine.  

• Like 1

'Someday, we'll look back on these days and laugh; likely a maniacal laugh from our padded cells, but a laugh nonetheless' - Mr. Boffo.

We need a barfing cat emoticon!

3 hours ago, allan_evett said:

I picked up the 'minor 4th' comment somewhere back in the slurry, and so my Osmose observation was only partly in jest.  Perhaps euphoniumistically appropriate bends can be achieved on this new frontier of digital keyboard renderings.

The “minor 4th” threw me for a loop. At first I thought the OP was re-labeling the diminished 4th (Major 3rd) interval in a playful way. It was later I thought of the chord. I like your French Augmented 6th and the chromatic voice leading it suggests. I could go for a second inversion of the tonic after that just to avoid going too directly to the dominant chord. Time for me to get an MPE keyboard and let the hands slide around a bit. :classic_cool:

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Tusker said:

👌 Something in common. I played Euphonium too! And an Eflat tenor horn. Not very euphoniously though.

My family invited me to practice outside the home, and far away from neighbors I might offend. 😂

Finding an unencumbered practice space is a serious issue for almost every musician. Its a constant that no one really wants to hear you practice except you and not even that when its not going well. :complain::D

Its a law in most states that on the third day of the practice of any musical instrument in an apartment building, the neighbors are allowed to play Russian roulette as a group and shoot at the ceiling under you. One reload per day is allowed if you keep pushing it. Maybe two for synthesizers, due to their horrific range.

• Haha 2

"Stay tuned for a new band: Out Of Sync."
     ~ "The Vet Life"

On 1/16/2023 at 5:21 PM, smølense auTamper mountain said:

Not sure what else I could cite, at this point, to confer these concepts.

Beyond the scope of any relevance pertaining to concepts "like", *Euphony; or, the punctually responsive methods [*articulation] performed by keyboardists to react {^and compensate} for the musical harmony in a live\\real-time scenario; or, the aesthetic basis, keyboardists are physically oriented, to respond-with: ~

It has been my postulation that, performance requires a very physically responsive interaction with an instrument, that distinguishes "the-keyboardists" propensity for musical emphasis from other instrumentations by their affective use in distinct symphonic coordination.

Initially; I had intented to confer where this artifact of key instruments, is a rudimentary tactical constraint. One, that is essential to understand for dynamic musical aesthetics.

~

Due to the nature of keyboard mechanisms: To be typifiably constrained by a common ~12-tone scaling, a punctuating hammer-mechanism which [{indirectly}] 'converts' a musicians implicit emphasis, or any of the figurative problems resulting from the invariance of emitting a musical cadence which is only (accessibly) confined by a single, designated timbre; it is all too central to the focus of this post.

~

** {{     ~Had it ever been important to confer an intensive disposition WHICH IS CONTRARY to the written text I've already conveyed, the subjegations of my  `profusion of language' would only inturr an additional, superfluous excess.

~I use very concise language. It is not my privilege to adorn my inflections with the same predominant-pretenses, which frequently malconstrue these critical, very loaded, and exhaustively auspicious, semantic basis'. 

~As a result, it IS [-AS] critical for me to explain as much supplimentive connotations, relevant for these theoretical concepts; due to their dwindling, antiquated, and out of use basis.    }} **

That is how I have provided a basis for speculating about these methods.

As a personal an example; As a pianist myself, where a song may be constructed with a passage in ~A minor°°, per say; Where it is critically imperative for me to avoid an extraineous use 4ths, or the operable minor 4th is qualitative when it is performed in contingence with musical instruments like, saxophones (keyed typically in B-flat), or Violas (which are usually strung in relation to A, {although are typically arpeggiated in accordance with the tonal harmonic register which is invocative NOT TO A SPECIFIC Key-signature, but rather: the resonant intervals between notes}). °4THs, °5ths, or any harmonically tonal articulation, becomes musically conductive, or precipitative, with identifiably austier relations to these other respective musical instruments.

-If a violist is playing a quick phrase in the a-minor key, as a keyboardist, the potential for me to embelish any supporting counterpoint is {however subjective} critically contingent on the punctuation of the root 4th. The archetecture of tonality is usually just as far from a non-discript interactive prevalence, within any other musical context.

I'm on the line, here... Drying out for whatever reason, anyhow.

Thanks for the feedback

^atti, --^

Quick and simple transliteration of the semi-disintegrated, entire accumulation of splendidly obtuse verbiage.

"They aren't, because they isn't and that is why they wasn't because they weren't.

Furthermore, yes because no except for maybe." 

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.