Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Yet one more time: quick clarification wanted about Mini Vent II and half-moon switch

Yeah, I know.

So, I can pick up a Mini Vent II in the "instrument" version, but not the "organ" version.  Of course I'd be using it for a clonewheel.  What exactly is the difference between using the "instrument" version between the organ version?

I imagine line-level inputs, and some EQ burned into the outputs maybe.  Never been that clear, despite the numerous threads on here.

Also, even on the "instrument" version, I assume I can use a half-moon switch drilled into my old XK-1, yes?  I understand there may be a mod needed, but it is possible, yes?

You should stick with the organ version. The only way to use an external speed control is via a specialized modification. Last time I checked, there was only one person doing these, and they are no longer offering the service. Hence, I recommend looking for a regular Vent or Vent II. 

• Like 3

On a "regular " mini vent It's not a big deal to do the modification for someone who's comfortable swapping out the switch.  I 'm usually fearless, but wasn't comfortable on the smaller size of this thing. 

I took mine to a local guitar amp guy and he charged me $35. 00. (including the new jack).   I actually sent an email to the the Neo folks and they suggested to do just that. So it's not imperative to track down the Ashby solutions mod anymore.   

I use either an arcade button switch box I made, (sorry no pic) or any momentary switch pedal.  I also have a vintage  leslie half moon getting ready to wire up a 1/4 to.

Don't know anything about the organ-vs guitar versions though. 

Apologies for the ugly- This is my low-rent  Vent rig that lives under  a Hammond A100 I use on a weekly Church Broadcast.

75341090_10218732644019022_5709078212986798080_n.jpg

• Like 1

Chris Corso

www.chriscorso.org

Lots of stuff.

Thanks Bill.  I'm on the road right now and can't look at it, but think my Leslie switch was set up as just an off-on thing. perhaps as just two-way.

Doesn't look like a normal one-   I think it's labeled  as Chorale or something. I vaguely remember something about those being used with 122s?  I used to use it on my Nord Electro's wired to a stereo plug- but would sometimes not always work..   Soon as I get home, would love to get some feed back on it. 

Chris Corso

www.chriscorso.org

Lots of stuff.