Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Hammond settings on Springsteen's "For You"?

Lou_NC

Listening to this song the other day and trying to figure out the Hammond settings (drawbars as well as percussion, if perc is even used).  There seem to be a couple of drawbar settings used at different times in the song, but the particular sound I'm trying to figure out is used in the the "percussive" fills, after the lyrics ".....your pulse is getting weak" at 1:32 and afterward, also quite noticeable behind the vocals from 3:00 thru 3:27.  It's also noticeable at the end of the song from 4:24 to 4:32.  My guess at the drawbars is maybe 807000000 and second percussion, slow, soft?  I can't tell whether I'm hearing percussion or primarily key click in the recording. 

Thanks,

Lou

3 hours ago, mate stubb said:

It's using percussion Fast, Second, and some combo of the bottom 3 drawbars. I'd try 888000000 (there is no 9 on drawbars) and then season to taste.

I guess Mom was right......"haste makes waste".  I was counting the digits to be sure I had 9 *total* drawbar values listed in my post, and my subconscious must have confused the total *number* of drawbars with the "max setting" for each.  Thanks for pointing this out, so I didn't cause even more confusion!  🙂  Edited for correctness.

• Like 1