Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

RWRP P90?

picker

Quite a few people do.  It's common to go with RWRP in the neck of a 2 P90 set so the middle position is hum cancelling. I think Duncan does this.  Rio Grande does it for sure.  I like Rio Grande.  I think most guys like Lollar P90s better.  The Lollars I've heard sounded anemic compared to my Rio Grande stuff but it could just be the particular set.  I like hot wound P90s. 

I'm sure lots of other makes these.  But I don't know who is selling 3 P90 sets.  You would want RWRP in the center.  A classic R&B band I play keys with on occasion has a guitarist with a Reverend with 3 P90.  Its the coolest Strat sound ever.  He has just great hands and tone period but I really like it when he plays that Reverend with the 3 P90s.

• Like 4

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

• 3 weeks later...

Rio Grande, The Creamery, Vintage Vibe all do.  Bareknuckle might.

CEB, do you know which Reverend?  I’m kind of a Rev junkie, so you piqued my interest.

• Like 1

Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: âNinety percent of everything is crapâ

My FLMS- Murphy's Music in Irving, Tx

http://murphysmusictx.com/

It’s blue. I think it’s a Jet Stream.  Positions 2 and 4 are great. Especially the one with both neck and middle.   I’m not sure which direction the count goes.  I think that is 4. 

• Like 3

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

Lindy Fralin makes outstanding pickups, and Fralin P90 pickups have a great rep (though I haven't tried them myself- yet). There are a number of options, including RW/RP for the middle-pickup of a 3 P90 set, 5% Underwind, Stock, 5% Overwind, pickguard-mounting, plastic or metal covers, and more.

And picker- if you're going to be planning a super three P-90 Stratezoid, I highly, HIGHLY recommend the Free-Way 5-Way/10-Position blade switch. Looks and acts completely stock with the same typical five selections, and then a sideways click gives you five more combinations. Very solidly made, excellent quality; the first (as far as I know) Free-Way multi-switch was a toggle-switch made for Jimmy Page, for a triple-humbucker Les Paul that he used during that Led Zeppelin reunion concert in 2007. I have their 3-Way/6-Position blade switch, myself.

ROHZWZH.jpg

iaS9jc4.jpg

• Like 2

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _