Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Accessory bag to fit inside a gig bag, for keyboard pedals leads, iPad, mixer etc.

I have a 76 key gig bag spare and my X frame and extensions fit perfectly. There is, however, a fair bit of wasted space in there and I’m currently stuffing accessories into the pockets and pouches of the various keyboard bags.

Anyone found a slim(ish) bag with dividers to keep sustain and expression pedals neatly organised? I also have an iPad and a Yamaha AG03 mixer to carry (the latter is the size of an A4 book). I could probably get away with something 600x400x120mm at a guess and it’s just to stop them getting scratched or damaged bouncing around inside the bigger case.

I can find fat and expensive DJ bags with lots of dividers or guitarist pedal board bags, but not exactly what I need.

anyone had similar ideas and found a solution?

Korg Grandstage 73, Keystage 61, Mac Mini M1, Logic Pro X (Pigments, Korg Legacy Collection, Wavestate LE, Sylenth), iPad Pro 12.9 M2 (6th gen), iPad 9th gen, Scarlett 2i2, Presonus Eris E3.5

I haven't finally solved this challenge but the quest continues - the most efficient complement of luggage to protect & organize everything essential, nothing that's not, no wasted space, easiest schlep and tear down, etc. Just when I think I've got it down, I accept a different gig that calls for different boards, different accessories, etc.

Currently I use two gig bags: A larger duffel bag with integrated dividers (that can be adjusted via velcro). That helps keep all cords in one bag, yet keep 1/4" audio, XLR, and power separated. I complement that with a smaller tool bag with integrated pockets (inside and out) for stuff like flashlights, my IEM pelican case, my Rolls headphone mixer and stuff like that.

But what i've found as the least-expensive way to keep bits and pieces separated and protected inside larger bags: gallon freezer Ziploc bags.

• Like 1

Logistics!  I've tried a fair number of things.

Items that only work with my Modx (ipad, wall wart, usb) go in the Modx bag.

My two loose pedals go in the pocket of my pedalboard bag (the pedalboard is ironically not for pedals but my submixer and two different small headphone amps).  My main snake, mic boom, audio and power cables (other than the Modx wart) and the pedalboard case all fit in a Husky rolling tool cart.  This can't be carried one-handed like a duffle, but it rolls and can stack on my rock n roller cart when I need it.  Waterproof too, I think this is a keeper solution.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-26-in-Connect-Rolling-Tool-Box-Black-228224/300862598

For the rare one-keyboard ultra-light portable gigs I'll take my Modx and a backpack or bag and aim for a single trip.

• Like 1

Lol, I can get everything but the iPad and Mixer into pockets but they are burgeoning…I’m carrying three bags and didn’t want another bag to carry. This looks promising, but a bit thick: 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0B19D3DFW/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A2UUJM54W5UQNO&psc=1

5D4C8E4D-0AF6-4977-A2D0-3854BDCF48F6.jpeg

471562A5-7D22-4986-ABFA-39AF0CB0D3D4.jpeg

Korg Grandstage 73, Keystage 61, Mac Mini M1, Logic Pro X (Pigments, Korg Legacy Collection, Wavestate LE, Sylenth), iPad Pro 12.9 M2 (6th gen), iPad 9th gen, Scarlett 2i2, Presonus Eris E3.5

It’s a nice little bag, just a bit too thick to fit inside another case as that is only 120 deep and there is a keyboard stand in there too. Still, it’s very close to ideal. Bit of foam cut to shape for the pedals (two Roland sustain pedals, Moog expression, Korg foot switch) and the mixer might actually fit in a pocket. Tempted but we shall keep looking.

And of course, it’s a soft bag so will compress if it’s not filled.

1 hour ago, Paul Woodward said:

I came to recommend this. Bought it for my Launchkey 37, but it makes a great accessory bag. I haven’t bothered with dividers yet.

• Like 1

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76| Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT, Kurzweil PC4 (88)

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments