Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Please allow me to introduce myself...

Hello friends! I am Paul Vnuk, the editor of RECORDING Magazine, and I am excited to join the MPN family and hang out with you all in the newly re-christened RECORDING Magazine-The Forum.

A bit of background, I have been an audio engineer for more years than I care to count. I am a synthesist, drummer, percussionist and vocalist. I have had a 30+ year tribal-ambient music career and spent about 10 years as a professional sound designer releasing sound design and sample libraries for several companies, including Sony, Sonic Foundry, Peace Love Productions and M-Audio.

I also am the technical director of a medium-sized 2000-seat church where I run live sound, handle recording and streaming, and oversee the tech volunteers. I also sing and play drums on the worship team.

Like many of us, I am a gear nut––microphones, preamps, compressors, synths, plugins––I love it all. It's a strange thing to say, but over my years as a reviewer, my predecessor estimated that I have probably tried, used and reviewed close 900+ pieces of recording gear...yikes, I need to get a hobby.

I am pleased to meet you!

Tomorrow I will pop in to tell you a bit about RECORDING Magazine, whats coming up in our January issue and how you can get a free digital subscription.

• Like 5
  • Cool 1

Editor - RECORDING Magazine

12 hours ago, KuruPrionz said:

Welcome Paul!

I'm looking forward to this forum coming back to life!

I put in a fair effort trying but don't seem to have the knack for getting it going. 

Cheers, Kuru

Kuru, you beat yourself half to death trying to keep this forum up and relevant, and you deserve a huge round of applause for all your hard work. I hope that the REC team gives you a whole lot more support than I managed to.

I hereby crack the official champagne bottle across the bow of this rechristened and relaunched forum. May it draw in and engage a wonderful new community of recording musicians and audio enthusiasts. I wish Paul, Alex, and all of the writers – many of whom are old friends with whom I've sadly lost contact over the years – every success.

Enjoy the issue forum!

Dr. Mike Metlay

Former Editor of REC and proud papa of Paul Vnuk Jr. the amazing current Editor

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Dr. Mike Metlay (PhD in nuclear physics, golly gosh) :D

Musician, Author, Editor, Educator, Impresario, Online Radio Guy, Cut-Rate Polymath, and Kindly Pedant

Editor-in-Chief, Bjooks ~ Author of SYNTH GEMS 1

clicky!:  more about me ~ my radio station (and my fam) ~ my local tribe ~ my day job ~ my bookmy music

35 minutes ago, Dr Mike Metlay said:

Kuru, you beat yourself half to death trying to keep this forum up and relevant, and you deserve a huge round of applause for all your hard work. I hope that the REC team gives you a whole lot more support than I managed to.

I hereby crack the official champagne bottle across the bow of this rechristened and relaunched forum. May it draw in and engage a wonderful new community of recording musicians and audio enthusiasts. I wish Paul, Alex, and all of the writers – many of whom are old friends with whom I've sadly lost contact over the years – every success.

Enjoy the issue forum!

Dr. Mike Metlay

Former Editor of REC and proud papa of Paul Vnuk Jr. the amazing current Editor

Thank you Dr. Mike, we missed you around these parts!!!!!😇

• Like 1
It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

On 11/30/2022 at 9:13 PM, Dave Bryce said:

:waitwhat:

Tell me more… :snax::idk:

dB

Continental Drift was the one I used the most, although I believe he did other libraries for Sony as well. I reviewed it for Electronic Musician IIRC (or maybe it was EQ), and put together an audio example with loops from the sample library. Andddddd...here's what it sounded like.

BTW I gave the library a great review :)

• Like 2