Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I scored my ugly "dreamcicle" orangeburst Ibanez Talman for some ridiculous low price which escapes me now. Definitely under $200, maybe only around $125 or so. Perfect condition with a hardshell case. The auction ended in the middle of the night and the guy's reserve wasn't met. So, I contacted him via email and he bit. Anyway, if you close your eyes the guitar is a thing of beauty! ;)
None more black.

Originally posted by rog951:

I scored my ugly "dreamcicle" orangeburst Ibanez Talman for some ridiculous low price which escapes me now. Definitely under $200, maybe only around $125 or so. Perfect condition with a hardshell case. The auction ended in the middle of the night and the guy's reserve wasn't met. So, I contacted him via email and he bit. Anyway, if you close your eyes the guitar is a thing of beauty! ;)

I love ugly guitars.
"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

Originally posted by rog951:

Anyway, if you close your eyes the guitar is a thing of beauty! ;)

I'm stealing that line, Roger. ;)

I got my cheepie Korean-made electric violin on ebay for less than $200, it needed about $150 worth of work but it performs very nicely now, I'm happy. I'd love to score a Nord Electro for cheep, but so do a lot of other people... :(

Botch

"Eccentric language often is symptomatic of peculiar thinking" - George Will

www.puddlestone.net

There's an Oberheim OBXa up for grabs that looks MINT, with a hard shell case, on Ebay right now if anyone is interested. From its appearances, it doesn't have very many miles on it. Nothing like a hard shell case to preserve your ax.

Check it out. :love:

Mike T.

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

Originally posted by Lee Knight:

A mid-80's Sigma/Martin acoustic guitar. $230. It was never played and literally sounds and plays like a Martin. Perfect for recording...

I have a buddy who picked up a Sigma 12-string for somewhere in the same price range. Gotta say, it's a great-sounding instrument. Although, I'm not sure if playing like a Martin is quite as complimentary as sounding like one! Mine's a beast :)
None more black.

I got a mint Kurzweil PC88 keyboard for $450 that another buyer, who won the auction for $850, backed out of. The seller had to relist and forgot to set a reserve.... Oops. He wasn't happy selling it to me, but was a good sport and did anyway.

My church bought one of these new, in 1998, for $1500.

Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time to reform.

Mark Twain (1835-1910)

--------------------

Reporter: "Ah, do you think you could destroy the world?" The Tick: "Ehgad I hope not. That's where I keep all my stuff!"

Archived