Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Who makes a mustard/TV yellow guitar strap?

picker

You might contact Well Hung straps.  The dude behind the name does semi-custom work in a variety of materials.  I have a couple of his padded fabric straps, and I’ve seen his leathers.

• Like 1

Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: âNinety percent of everything is crapâ

My FLMS- Murphy's Music in Irving, Tx

http://murphysmusictx.com/

• Like 2

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Caev, I've had it out on a couple of jams, and I'm very pleased with the tone. The action seems a bit stiff, and I suspect they didn't get the nut cut right at the factory. Other than that, no complaints! 

• Like 2

Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.

1 hour ago, picker said:

Caev, I've had it out on a couple of jams, and I'm very pleased with the tone.

Great! I love LP Specials and Juniors and LP's with P-90's! I really, RRREEEAALLLY DO! I'm glad for you, my friend!

Did you find a matching strap for it that you like? (Oh- and I can't recommend enough that you get one kind of strap-lock, strap retainer, etc. or another, if you haven't already! Even just some of those rubber washer styles. Better safe than sorry!!) 

Sometime, crank your amp just a little louder/dirtier, and with a little brighter, more trebly tone, than you intend to play most of the time; and roll-back that volume-knob just a little. It'll clean up, AND with a little picking attitude-adjustment, you'll be able to cop a snarly, biting Tele tone. Then, roll it back up to go to big, fat Les Paul City! I so loved that about the soap-bar equipped LP that I had... ! 

If you find it picking up an annoying amount of hum and noise, the simple quick-and-dirty solution is just to roll the guitars volume-control all the way off in between playing passages. It happens, P-90's have a tendency to sometimes be even worse than Teles and Strats that way...

And be sure to try it tuned to Open-G or A sometime!

Enjoy that axe!

1 hour ago, picker said:

The action seems a bit stiff, and I suspect they didn't get the nut cut right at the factory.

That's not uncommon. If you ever pull the trigger on a nut and fret job, the improvement can be like getting a whole new guitar, so it'll be well worth it!

• Like 2

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

3 hours ago, picker said:

Caev, I've had it out on a couple of jams, and I'm very pleased with the tone. The action seems a bit stiff, and I suspect they didn't get the nut cut right at the factory. Other than that, no complaints! 

I'm a guitar tech, you could be surprised how much better your guitar could play if you take it to a good tech and have them tweak it. 

Perfect frets, truss rod adjusted to suit your favorite strings, nut correct and last but NOT least, have them solder in a Switchcraft jack. 

The jacks in most new guitars are total garbage and do not last. The Switchcraft will last a lifetime and it's not an expensive upgrade at all. 

OK, I am more practical than stylish but I've found that buying 3/4" to 1" washers with center holes smaller than your strap button screws and just screwing the strap onto the guitar forever is cheap and totally foolproof. Since you're matching the strap to the guitar, might as well make it stay there. 

I've got a Gibson ES335 Studio (my avatar photo) that's had a nice strap screwed onto it since 1988. It still fits in the case easily and it's one less thing I have to mess about with, just pull the guitar out, put it on and go. 

• Like 3
It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

4 hours ago, picker said:

I replaced the nut, well my grandpa did, on my Strat with a Graph Tech, less than $15. I think put one in my G&L eventually.

Note: Not a recommendation, I don't feel qualified to do that. 

• Like 2

Jennifer S.

+1 Kuru, Switchcraft makes good quality stuff and I dig their 3way switches, they rescued a couple of my guitars...😎

@1 Surfergirl, you are qualified to put in a good word for Graph Tech as you actually use the nut and like it enough to use one on another guitar! 😎

Take care, Larryz