Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

usb and midi cables

lsj

I have a little trouble getting to the back of a couple of my synths in my music room.  would there be any problem if I left the midi in or out cable attached to the synth I am using and not connected to anything else.  same with the usb cable , is it ok to have the usb cable connected to the keyboard and the other end open and not connected to a computer.  that way if I need the synth hooked up to a synth module or a computer the cord is there easily for connection. 

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The oldest piece of digital gear in my studio is a MOTU Midi Express midi computer interface.  I leave the midi cables plugged into that unit and have for the past 15 years, even tho' I connect the distal ends of those cables to one of my keyboards only rarely.  I have never experienced a problem.

And even tho' that MOTU midi interface is over 15 years old, MOTU still makes drivers for it and recently released a firmware upgrade.  Yeah! for companies who continue to support the gear they make!!