Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Studiologic Numa 2

I was searchin for the Numa 2, but it´s not in stock anywhere.

So I contacted Studiologic and the answer was: " Unfortunately this product has been discontinued. At the moment we’re not able to say of there ever will be a new model coming."

Hopefully there will come a new model, with better engine and sim, the keybed was more than OK (IMHO).

"This is my rig, and if you don´t like it....well, I have others!"

"Think positive...there's always something to complain about!"

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, JohnDoe said:

I was searchin for the Numa 2, but it´s not in stock anywhere.

So I contacted Studiologic and the answer was: " Unfortunately this product has been discontinued. At the moment we’re not able to say of there ever will be a new model coming."

Hopefully there will come a new model, with better engine and sim, the keybed was more than OK (IMHO).

Are you referring to the Numa Organ 2?  I don't see that model on a few of the larger MI retail sites, but it's still available from a few other locations.  It's also still up on the Studiologic site, though it may stay up for reference - for the time being.  

'Someday, we'll look back on these days and laugh; likely a maniacal laugh from our padded cells, but a laugh nonetheless' - Mr. Boffo.

We need a barfing cat emoticon!

Even better... the original Key B/ Joey DeFrancesco Numa One.

I still have mine. It holds its own....in my opinion.....to the Crumar Mojo ( I

have the desktop module ) anything  HX3, anything Nord etc.etc. etc.

The original KeyB NAILED IT. I still think it was one of the great developments of the 21st century. Crumar followed in its path.... a great company granted however, Elvio and Joey gave us the first clone with usable chorus vibrato and decent leslie sim in one package. I would say that the Viscount has perhaps a slightly better leslie sim and I am sorry but I just can't come to terms with the Mojo sim OR HX3 chorus vibrato.

I haven't checked the market for a Numa 1 lately....but because of Joey's passing.... unfortunately...who knows, it may become collectable.

30 minutes ago, Chris Towns said:

Apologies if you are in the USA, but Bonners of Eastbourne here in the U.K. has a used Numa 2 model for sale. I must say I regret selling mine although I did go straight to a Viscount Legend Live as I wanted the two manuals. The leslie sim to me was so good.

Yeah, the Leslie sim in the 2 was great. I know, a lot of people liked the sim in the original, but I actually preferred the sim in the 2. (Though there were other things I prefer in the original.) I'd like to compare it to the later SK Pro. I have some Numa 2 recording somewhere, I should dig them out and see if I can duplicate (or improve upon) it in the Hammond.

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

7 hours ago, LX 88 said:

Even better... the original Key B/ Joey DeFrancesco Numa One.

I still have mine.

As do I. Most likely will be the last clonewheel I ever purchase. Love it on it's own, also love it through a Vent II, and also love it controlling IK Multimedia B-3X.

Sorry if this was OT to the thread. :cheers:

:nopity:

Hi Doerfler,

It's a win win for clone owners being able to control software organs like your B3X through the physical drawbars.

I'm finding myself getting drawn to the  GSI VB3ii. Probably due to Max Tempia's  Youtube videos for Crumar. Every time I hear him play he just wows me.

Chris

p.s. Just listen to the first minute of this video and you might see what I'm getting at.