Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Seeking trouble... Jupiter Xm into a module.

dalpozlead

WOW! i bought a used XM one month ago and i immediately feel depressed for the dramatically quality of the small keybed. completely useless and steal space.
I immediatly want to do the same work. and you'VE DONE IT.
It was very helpful to see the back and the steps you have done with photos.
did you removed completely the base and made a new one in aluminium or you modify the plastic curved body?
In this second case i think it is a very hard work.

can we see the back and the lateral??

Compliments from italy!

21 hours ago, onemaxlight said:

WOW! i bought a used XM one month ago and i immediately feel depressed for the dramatically quality of the small keybed. completely useless and steal space.
I immediatly want to do the same work. and you'VE DONE IT.
It was very helpful to see the back and the steps you have done with photos.
did you removed completely the base and made a new one in aluminium or you modify the plastic curved body?
In this second case i think it is a very hard work.

can we see the back and the lateral??

Compliments from italy!

Welcome to the forum Onemaxlight!

I couldn’t register every step, but is not a difficult task.

You’ll have to dismantle the plastic case (opening from the bottom and sides), disconnect the keybed, the pitch bender (easy because each have a dedicated connection).

Next step is trickier…, I had to cut the plastic bottom, aligned with the top, using a mini rotary saw (please use safety glasses!). Then sanding and done. Therefore there is an open side that I didn't had to close, as it's covered by the wood in the lower part.

The wood panel were made with pine wood, using a mini blowtorch to gently burn it, sand and wax.

Hope this is helpful, please DM me if you need assistance.

Thanks!

On 1/16/2024 at 12:26 PM, Paul Woodward said:

Again, it’s a labour of love and you are happy with it. I would have matched the end cheek to the shape of the metal case (it protrudes) and formed that front lip into the casing a bit cleaner. Works for you, and that is what matters.

Send him some drawings!

• Haha 1

Yamaha P-515, Hammond SK1, Casio PX5s, Motif ES rack, Kawai MP5, Kawai ESS110, Yamaha S03, iPad, and a bunch of stuff in the closet.